Chapter 3

"Great!" She grabbed his hand and began walking to the cafe she spotted.

'This girl, I like her'

—————————————————————

They went into the cafe, got a table and ordered they're food. While waiting, Marinette decided to spark up a conversation. "So what brings you here to Paris?"

"I came for educational purposes" the boy said, inside hoping that she wouldn't press for more. Surprisingly, she seemed to smile as if to indicate that she knew he didn't want to continue this conversation. Then he realised something. "Oh how rude of me" the girl looked at him in a clearly confused way. "I never introduced myself" he reached his hand over the table. "Damian"

She shook his hand "Marinette".

"So, why were you in such a big rush?" Damian asked, smiling as he saw her blushing of embarrassment.

"Well you see we have this school trip and this girl in my class told me that the timings had changed I don't know why I believed her. So I've been scrambling all over trying to find the location because of that lying, two-faced little bitc-" she murmured the last part in Mandarin but was cut off by Damian laughing. Her face turned bright read as she realised he could understand Mandarin. "Wait so you know French, English and Mandarin?"

"Yes I do" Damian said, smiling at the comment Marinette said.

"Oh that's so cool! Do you know any other languages?" The excitement and awe in her eyes made Damian's smile a bit bigger

"Actually, Arabic is my first language and I also know Spanish too. Currently I'm learning Japanese " Damian said and the look on her face made him blurt out "You're honestly so adorable" in Arabic. The realisation that he had said it hit and her looked down at the table in embarrassment, he looked up to see Marinette blushing profusely. "Wait you know Arabic?"

Marinette nodded "I know how to understand it, say it and read it but I'm not so great in writing in it"

The blush in Damian's face just got bigger. "So you know Arabic, French, English and Mandarin?"

"I know almost everything you know except I don't know Spanish and I'm not learning Japanese" she giggled nervously. "Also did you mean what you said?"

"I wouldn't have said it otherwise"

Damian and Marinette kept chatting for an hour or two, about his brothers, about how much she hates Lila and other various topics before she realised what time it was.

"I shoot I gotta go, I'll pay then I'll leave"

"No I can pay it's fine"

She slammed her palm on the table. "I meant what i said" she threatened teasingly, Damian had picked up on this and laughed.

"Wait, if you want, you can come over to my hotel to talk more after you're done school"

"Really? What hotel are you staying at? I'd love to come"

"Le Grand Paris" Marinette nodded "You can tell the front desk you're doing to see 'Mr Damian' and I'm sure they'll let you in but if not-" he scribbled something down on a piece of paper "here's my number".

"Smooth" Marinette murmured in Mandarin and then scribbled something on another piece of paper. "Here's mine" she quickly grabbed her stuff, gave the money to the person working there and walked out before yelling "See you later Damian!" In Arabic as she left. Damian smiled at the thought of her, the main reason he wanted to invite her to his hotel room would be to ask her about what was going on. That was still his main objective but something had changed. Marinette made him happy, he didn't want to lose her. 'I want to build this friendship, hopefully to something more'.

Marinette hummed a tune to herself as she walked down the street, then Tikki flew out of her bag.

"You like him don't you?" The kwami said in her high pitched voice.

"Maybe I do" she hummed again.

"What about Luka and Adrien?"

"Luka is like a brother to me, Adrien sees me as a friend so I see him the same way" she stated. "And when I had a crush on them both, I didn't feel the way I feel right now.

"Marinette he said that he was visiting Paris, what are you gonna do when he leaves?"

"Probably cry myself to sleep" she chuckled sadly. "But thanks to him I know where we're going now!" She pulled out her phone from her bag to show Tikki the map. "Since I bumped into him, I looked around for a cafe to try and make up for it. This cafe is near where the rest of the class is. "If he wasn't there, I would probably still be lost by now. Tikki we're heading to more crowded areas" Tikki then flew into her bag. Marinette then spotted Alya and sprinted as fast as she could. Alya noticed.

"Marinette!" Alya shouted, gaining the attention of her classmates. Marinette then panted while Alya congratulated her for running this far.

"Marinette, I know you've just ran faster than you probably have in your whole life but I need you to come with me" Miss Bustier said.

Marinette nodded while drinking some water she bought from the cafe. "Yes Miss Bustier?" The girl asked after catching her breath.

"I need you to show me the messages Lila sent you, it could all just be a misunderstanding but I must see the messages first" 'Was that relief in Marinette's eyes?' Marinette then opened her chat with Lila and showed it to Miss Bustier. "All right, this looks intentional. Do you have any reason why Lila would do this?" Marinette remained silent 'I wonder why she isn't telling me anything' "Okay, I'll go have a talk with her you sit down and rest got it?"

"Yes Miss Bustier" then the teacher walked away from Marinette. Marinette walked back to her friends.

"So how did you manage to find your way?" Adrien asked.

Usually Marinette would fumble, stutter and mix her words up but it didn't happen this time. "I stopped by at a cafe to get some water and then the map made sense" It wasn't exactly a lie but it wasn't the whole truth either. "Speaking of water, I gotta go get more I'll be back!" She then walked away.

"Huh, that was weird" Alya muttered.

"What do you mean?" Nino asked.

Not remembering that Adrien was there with them she said "She didn't mix her words up, she always does that".

"Maybe she's just tired or dehydrated" Adrien put in.

"Even if she was she would still mix up her words" Alya began to wonder. "Something has changed."

Then Nino whispered to Alya "Do you think she likes Luka again?"

"I..don't know, but I'm gonna find out one way or another"

A/N

How you gonna do that Alya? *insert thinking emoji here* Welp here's chapter 3 for you! I'm gonna post the rest of the chapters I've written at weird times so let's hope that you're there! Also thanks for all the supportive comments, they really made my day :3

|unedited|