Prolog

Remus's heart raced as he looked at the blown-up house of his best friends, James and Lily Potter. He was too nervous to step foot inside of it just yet, not ready to see what was inside that house.

Finally, he was able to feel his feet moving again and pushed open the door. There he saw his best friend, James Potter, lying dead on the ground. His glasses were broken, and his hair was still messed up, but his face was stuck with a terrified expression that Remus knew will be burned inside his mind forever.

The door creaked open behind him. Sirius walked in, his eyes filling with tears as he looked at James.

"Remus," he said, but Remus didn't answer, as he walked upstairs to go see Lily and the twins. He walked up the stairs. Tears were now streaming down Remus's face. He couldn't stop them. Then he heard a cry coming from the twin's nursery.

"Harry! River?" He called, as he entered the room, seeing Lily, her face having the same horrified expression as her husband's.

"Lily," He whispered, but then the baby cried again. He looked up, seeing Harry, with a brand-new scar on his forehead. He picked Harry up, who hid his face in Remus's chest, crying harder.

"It's okay, Harry. Everything will be okay." He whispered,

"Moony," Harry whispered, as Remus looked inside the crib for River, but she wasn't there.

"River!" He called, hoping to hear the baby crying. He ran to James and Lily's room, pushing open the door, but the room was empty.

"Sirius!" He called, running down the stairs with Harry still in his arms.

"What?" Sirius called,

"River is missing! I can't find her anywhere!" Sirius's heart fell to his stomach.

"What do you mean, she's missing?" He asked,

"She's not here! She's not in the nursery! She's not in Jam-She's not in her parent's room! Where else would she be?" Remus asked, as Harry started crying again.

"She-I don't know," Sirius said, as the door opened again and Dumbledore walked in with Hagrid, who was still struggling to enter the house.

"Dumbledore, River is missing!" Sirius said,

"I've looked everywhere! I can't find her!" Remus explained, Dumbledore put his hands up, stopping them.

"River is fine. She's going to be just fine,"

"Where is she? Where the hell is she?" Sirius yelled.

---

"You took her!" Lucius yelled. Snape glared at him, trying to remain calm.

"Yes."

"Why?" Lucius asked, staring at the little red-headed child.

"I couldn't leave her with Dumbledore! He wants to send the child to live with muggles!" Snape explained,

"Muggles!" Lucius asked in disbelief.

"Yes! Do you think I will let a witch live with muggles? I get disgusted just thinking about it!" Snape yelled.

"Alright enough, you two! Is the child even a pureblood?" Narcissa asked as she held Draco Malfoy, her son, in her lap. He was trying to walk to River, but Narcissa not letting him.

"Yes," Snape lied, looking down at River, who was pulling at his robes.

"And how do you know?" Lucius asked, staring at Snape impatiently.

"Evans told me so! Saying she could not tell anyone else but wanted to talk to someone. Her parents were dead. Her sister was not talking to her, so she turned to me. She said that he had shagged some pureblood girl and gotten her pregnant during their marriage. The woman died during childbirth, and the Potters had no choice but to take River and raise her as the Potter boy's twins." Snape hissed.

"Where is your proof?"

"I have a letter at home she wrote me and everything. This child is a pureblood. Let us not give her to some muggles that will ruin her." Snape said. The Malfoy looked at each other, as Draco finally managed to escape his mother's grip and walked over to River, handing her his toy rattle. She shook it, making her laugh.

"Alright fine, but who's taking River?" Narcissa asked, smiling as she watched Draco and River playing.

"You must! I can't raise a child!"

"You steal a child that you don't want to raise, Severus!" Lucius yelled,

"Well, I-um-didn't think this plan quite through," Snape said, rubbing his neck uncomfortably. Lucius glared at him.

"Snape, you can't be so foolish!" Lucius said, sitting down on the table, and rubbing his temple. A house-elf walked in, bowing deeply to Lucius.

"What is it?" Lucius grunted.

"Ms. Zabini is here to see you, master." The house-elf said.

"Oh, wonderful, let her in!" Narcissa said. The house-elf apparated away, and Nora Zabini walked in.

"Nora, what brings you here?" Narcissa said, standing up to greet her.

"I heard the news! Is the dark lord dead?" She asked, everyone, nodded.

"We think so. The Potter boy killed in," Lucius explained.

"I can't believe it." She said, before noticing River.

"Why do you have a baby? Did you get someone pregnant and not tell us, Snape." Nora asked. Snape scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"No Zabini, this is River Potter." Snape said,

"A Potter?" Nora yelled, surprised. River giggled as she saw Nora yelling. Nora smiled at her, her heartwarming to her instantly.

"I didn't kidnap her!" Snape said quickly.

"Yes, you did!" Lucius hissed under his breath.

"I need to find a home for her," Snape said. As Nora scooped up the baby, Draco glared at her, wanting to play with his new friend.

"Well, it seems fairly easy. She's a wonderful baby," Nora said, as she tickled River. River grabbed her finger, giggling.

"Why don't you take her!" Snape blurted out.

"I already have a baby. I couldn't." Nora said.

"Yes, but she likes you! Look at the way she's grabbing your finger. She's finding comfort in you." Snape said,

"I don't know," Nora said as she looked at the baby.

"I'm begging you! Please! I will help! I will be her godfather! I will do anything you need, just take her!" Snape begged. The three looked at each other, never seeing Snape like this.

"They left her! They left her in their room alone, while they protected that boy! I couldn't just leave her, I couldn't! I found her all alone in that house, filled with dead bodies!" Snape yelled,

"Okay Snape, I will take her!" Nora said. Snape let out a relieved breath.

"Thank you."