Chapter 14 (Summer)

River's POV-

"Sirius Black has escaped prison," Mum said, reading the newspaper in the morning at our breakfast table. She nervously looks up at me before looking back down at the paper.

"Who's Sirius Black?" I asked,

"Honey, I told you this before when you were a kid. He's a mass murder, he killed his friends and muggles," She said. I shrugged.

"Sorry, I don't keep up with the local murders," I said, rolling my eyes. Mum shook her head at me, but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry Mum," I said,

"Where is your brother? We really should go get your school supplies," She said. I shrugged,

"We're also taking Draco with us," She said. I nodded.

"I think Blaise is still asleep," I said. She groaned.

"Will you go wake him up? Draco should be here any second, you both haven't seen him all summer," She said, shaking her head.

"Why are you shaking your head? You are the one that made us travel around Europe!" I laughed, and she shrugged, smiling into the paper. I stood up, going upstairs to Blaise's room.

"Blaise!" I yelled, knocking on the door.

"Go away!" Blaise yelled. I pushed open his door. Blaise was hiding under his covers. I peeled them off of him.

"You have to wake up! Draco is coming soon, and Mum wants you awake," I said. He shrugged as I opened his curtains.

"Too bright! Close to it! You are just as annoying as Mum!" He yelled, covering his eyes.

"Get up! I don't want to come here every five seconds to wake you up!" I yelled, walking out of his room. I stopped by my room to change out of my pajamas since the Malfoy would be arriving soon.

I walked downstairs, hearing my Mum talking with someone, downstairs. I spotted Cissy's blond hair; she smiled at me and pulled me into a hug.

"River! It's been forever. How are you?" She asked, letting me go.

"I'm great, thank you. How are you?" I asked. She smiled.

"I'm great," Cissy said. Someone cleared their throat behind her. She rolled her eyes and stepped to the side where Draco was standing. I felt blood rush to my face just seeing him. Draco had gotten even taller, his face had lost all the baby fat from the last two years, and his hair wasn't filled with gel anymore but looked soft and silky as it framed its face. He looked me up and down before smirking,

"Hello, River," Draco said,

"Hello, Draco," I said, smiling at him. I heard Blaise coming down the stairs. He rubbed his eyes, still in his green boxers, without a shirt on.

"Hey! What time are they coming?" Blaise asked,

"Nice, boxers Zabini," Draco said smiling, Blaise stopped rubbing his eyes, and glanced up, seeing Mrs. Malfoy's red face and my mother's scowl. I laughed as Blaise glared at me.

"You said they were coming! Not here right now!"

"I didn't know they were here now, you arse. I was just smart enough not to come walking down in my underwear!" I yelled. He rolled his eyes before running upstairs and slamming his door shut.

---

"Mum, can we get some food?" I asked as we got to Diagon Alley.

"We just had breakfast," she said. I shrugged,

"It doesn't have to be a full meal. We could get some ice cream," I said, hopefully.

"After we get our things, you need to get some new school robes." She said. I signed and nodded. She turned to look at the boys.