a love of war (4)

If Alucard thought he had been 'dying' of boredom before, it didn't compare this

If Alucard thought he had been 'dying' of boredom before, it didn't compare this. He was not allowed above the basement unless summoned by Sir Integra herself. There were no more walks in the moonlight. There were no more harassing the Wild Geese in the Manor. There definitely was not to be ANY contact with Miss Casey.

Though his consolation prize is Miss Casey and Captain Bernadotte are not an item any longer. Even though he is reminded it is none of his business what Pip and Kiora do in their spare time, with or without each other. Police Girl's spirits did raise with the cooling of sex flooded behaviour though. So as much as his fledgling annoys him, if she wants the French tomcat then a Draculina should get her tomcat.

Tonight is another long and quiet night in Hellsing's basement. The Captain, Seras, Kiora and the Wild Geese are investigating a tip that a vampire is nesting in an old section of London. When all return, they are covered in blood, gore and wildly chatting about how close it came to losing the battle.

It seems a new vampire, well old vampire new to London, has decided to take up residence somewhere. Miss Cassey and Seras are the reason that Pip and the Wild Geese are still breathing and alive to drink beer versus undead and groaning ghouls slurping up fouled blood.

Kiora has something to relay to Sir Hellsing and Alucard. The said new comer vampire, has even left a cryptic message for Vampire King that reads:

Illustrious Dracula,
How the mighty such as you fall,
to the human hands of all things.

I shall pick up.
your tarnished crown,
And take what is owed,
To me so long ago.
~Micea

This is great news for the Shadow King as he can now go hunting for this Micea that dares to use a name from his family line. The ban of Alucard coming anywhere near Kiora is lifted. As Kiora heads out of the meeting and towards a door to leave the manor, Alucard confronts her.

"I would like to have a word with you Miss Kiora, " Alucard says politely. His hat and glasses are suddenly missing along with his red coat. His raven locks are flowing to his lower back and sway enticingly with each definitely masculine step he takes. The Shadow King is putting on the charm at the moment.

"Of course Alucard..."her eyes tug with sleep.

Alucard motions to a room on the corn of the hall and enters it before her. His shadows turn on a small desk lamp as he leans against the antique oak desk. "Come in...I won't attack you unless you want me to."

KIora sighs and steps into the small office, "What is it you want? We have a job tomorrow and we will be working together, just you and I. There isn't anything to talk about. I know you will behave in a professional manner, as much as a vampire, can do."

"What if I said, you?"

"Not interested so now can I go get some sleep?" Kiora yawns."You can't have Moddey back either so you have nothing to offer. Good night Vampire King..."