CHAPTER NINETEEN

I reached out and pushed his forehead with my palm, making him stumble back a few steps. He was standing way too close for my comfort. I felt like if he stood close enough, he would be able to see through the charm covering me.

"Hi, nice to meet you too. And you are?" I started sarcastically, looking at the boy who had grown into a handsome young man in front of me.

He straightened his robes. "I'm Draco Malfoy," he said arrogantly, making me narrow my eyes at him sternly.

"But who are you? Seriously. I look at your face as if I know you, but then it's like the image blurs and I can't concentrate on your details. But your eyes..."

He shook his head, trying to clear his thought before he scowled at me again. "What the hell is wrong with your face?" he spit at me making me roll my eyes at him.

"God, you grew up to be a pompous little brat, didn't you?" I told him, making him gape at me before he rushed forward, wand raised.

"How dare you speak to me like that? What, no one ever told you to respect your superiors?"

Oh, that's it!

I was about to teach this kid a good ole' fashioned lesson. I reached up and grabbed Draco by the ear, pulling him further into the classroom we were currently in and threw him against a desk. I turned and cast enchantments on the room so no one outside would be able to overhear us.

Or open the door.

"What the hell do you think your –"

"Safe it, Ducky," I cut him off.

His eyes went wide as he stared at me in disbelief. His eyebrows furrowed as he studied me more closely.

"Wh-what did you just call me?" he asked in a whisper.

"I said, save it Ducky," I repeated more clearly. He looked me up and down, shaking his head in disbelief as he took a few small steps away from me.

I was in a pickle now. Talk to him and defy the rule Moody gave me or... Who was I kidding? Like I was ever considering doing what Moody had instructed. I had planned to do this ever since they told me I was going back to Hogwarts.

I took out my wand and removed the Confundus Charm Moody had worked so hard on placing on me.Draco let out a gasp, as he crumbled to his knees, staring at me with tears in his eyes, his head shaking from side to side slightly in disbelief.

"No. It's... It's not – it can't be," he tried to convince himself, struggling to come to terms with the facts in front of him. Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked at him properly for the first time. As he looked at me for the first time in years.

I went forward and sat down on my knees in front of him, tears freely running down my face now. I reached forward and brushed his messy bangs to the side of his head, but they fell down again immediately.

I let out a little laugh, looking him in the eyes again. The tears had run down his face now too.

"Hey Ducky," I whispered.

"Cassie?" he breathed out, making me suck in a quick breath. I hadn't been called that in over eight years.

I nodded as my tears got worse, the lump in my throat making it hard to talk.

"How?" he said in a hoarse whisper.

"Does it matter?" I asked with a smile.

He smiled back and shook his head, before pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

We'd been playing catch-up for about an hour and we both needed to head to dinner.