Chapter 24

Hailey's POV

His words got my heart to speed up a little. What did he meant by he had something important to tell me? I was still wondering when will it be the right time for me to confess my feelings because after what we had gone through made me realise my feelings for him grew even stronger. I don't really care what actually happened between him and his ex because they were something in the past and I'm his current. 

Unless he tells me in the face that he doesn't like me, I will not back off. Somehow after the death of my mother, I had become more courageous and more confident of my feelings. Perhaps it made me realise that one should express their feelings instead of bottling up everything because there's bound to be a day that they will regret about not being truthful to their own feelings. 

We had the dinner while having small and light talks which didn't make the dinner too awkward, which was pretty good. After dinner, I volunteered to wash the dishes since he was the one who cooked and this somehow became like a rule in the house that when one cooks, the other one will wash. I then poured two cups of coffee for us, since we will be having some 'important talk' in the living room. 

After a while of silence, he finally broke it by saying, "Hailey, it's been a few months since we got married and quite a lot of things have happened. Be it good or bad. In addition, Sabrina came back too. You know, she's actually my ex girlfriend who I used to have when I was in high school. But we broke up because I caught her cheating with another guy and she claimed that she wasn't in the right mind that day when she did it. When she came back that day, she asked me if we could get back together because she had reflected upon her mistake and all that." 

Upon hearing till this part, the paranoid part of me came up. Is he going to end this marriage because he still loves her? Why do I feel like I'm going to die from the nervousness inside me? Without hearing his next part, I started before he could continue, "Xavier, before I hear the next part that you're going to say, I have something important to tell you too. I've been holding myself back so many times to tell you this because I was unsure. But after all these things that we went through together, I was sure of that and I just want to be honest with myself for once, be selfish for myself this time. I like you, Xavier." I could feel myself letting out a breath which I didn't know I was holding my breath during the talk. 

He looked shocked, really shocked. Fuck, I think I messed up, didn't I? Is he going to reject me now or what? This is really first hand embarrassment for me, gosh. I've never felt so embarrassed in my entire life. Just do it quick if you're going to reject me, and I will sprint out of the house like thunder bolt. 

After a long 5 minutes of silence, he started smiling like a fool. It kinda creeped me out though, was he suffering from a culture shock from my sudden confession and he turned into a fool? 

"I didn't know you felt this way, Hailey." my name came rolling out of his mouth sounding so sexy, I didn't know my name could sound so good in my entire life. He continued, "Gosh, but you can't just take the words out of my mouth before I could finish my confession. I was about to confess but yet you got a step ahead of me. But I don't like you, I love you Hailey. I love you."

Now it was my turn to look shock, really shocked. But we burst out laughing together after we looked at each other in the face. "We are really silly, aren't we? We liked each other but we were unsure if we felt the same way. And now here we are, confessing to each other." I continued while wiping the tears at the corner of my eyes because I laughed too hard. This was the first time I had ever had a good laugh ever since my mother fell sick. It felt really good to have someone whom you can share your joy and laughter with. 

"Wait, but the feeling you had for me was pure liking? That's not fair because I love you but you only said you like me." Xavier pouted like a 3 year old. I never know that he was capable of this because he always gave the don't-fuck-with-me face. I scratched the back of my neck and smiled sheepishly, "That's because there's still room for improvement before I will tell you that I love you so be patient, Xavier." 

"Can you call me by my name again? It sounds so good coming out from your mouth." he grinned at me before I called him by his name again. This time, he asked me again, "Can I kiss you?" 

Oh fuck, my poor little heart. Hang in there. 

End of chapter 24!!!! kissing time! took them long enough to confess phew!!