Chapter 31

Xavier's POV

The happiness in me was unable to be described in words when I saw Hailey was awake. Never in my life I have been so scared and worried. Not even when I first started my own business and it was facing some financial problems. But this time was different, the fear of losing someone I love was eating me. There were so many things that we haven't got to do together, and I haven't even got to tell her how much I love her. 

When we finally got home, I could tell that she missed it too and it warms my heart to know that she had considered this place her home. Our home. I headed to the kitchen and poured us each a cup of water. I handed her the cup of water, "Why don't you go take a rest? I don't want you to be over tiring yourself the moment you got discharged." 

She frowned at me, "If I'm going to take a rest, then you're coming with me too. I know you haven't been sleeping well all these while. Your eye bags looked like they are about to hit the ground." I chuckled at her comment before she tugged at my sleeves and dragged me to our room and take a rest. I held her tightly in my arms and inhaled the freshness of her hair before drifting off to sleep. 

-------------------------------------

I woke up with a groan when I heard a ping from my phone. Slowly pulling myself away from Hailey, I took a glance at the clock that was placed on the headstand, which showed that it was about 5.45pm in the evening. It's been a long time since I had a good sleep. I took my phone and headed out to the living room. 

It was a text from my dad, sending me various recipe to cook which apparently he said that it will help Hailey to recover faster. Gee, thanks dad for sending all these complicated looking recipe which would be enough for me to burn down my kitchen.

I sent back a wink and an okay sign emoji, before scanning through the fridge to see what was available for me to cook. There was practically nothing in the fridge because it's been a month since Hailey cooked and normally she's the one who would go for grocery shopping. I slapped my hand over my face and groaned, "Are we gonna starve or what?"

As if on cue, my phone started ringing and it was Alex who called. He was asking if he could bring over some important documents of the day for me to look through and sign which I agreed. Before ending the call, i asked "By the way Alex, since you're coming over, can you head to the supermarket and get me some ingredients because my house ran out of things to cook. The money you spent on the groceries will be claimed later. Oh, and just choose whichever ingredient that is suitable for cooking tonic soup and some healthy dishes." He stuttered a bit before answering me an okay. 

Within about 45 minutes, he arrived with a handful of shopping bags filled with vegetable and meat. He was just about to leave after handing over the documents and the groceries when I stopped him and asked, "Actually, can I ask you for another favour?" 

------------------------------------

To say that I'm shocked was an understatement. I didn't know that Alex could cook so well despite the fact that he looked as if he orders take out everyday. But I would say he looked really good in that apron and he had the take-my-spatula-and-I-will-spank-you look. 

By 7.15pm, Hailey woke up and Alex had taken his leave. She was awed by the wide spread of dishes on the table. Tasting each dish, she exclaimed, "Did you secretly attend some cooking lesson while I was in the hospital? If I knew that you can cook so well, I would have asked to marry you the moment I saw you outside the bookstore." 

"So right now you are just in love with the food and not the person sitting here?" She burst out laughing, "Are you jealous over food now? Wow, I'm seeing new sides of you everyday." 

I pouted at her, "All these were not even cooked by me, I asked Alex for a favour. So you like men who can cook?" She widened her eyes a bit, clearly she was shocked by the fact that Alex could cook. Then she frowned, "So you kicked him out after getting him to cook all these? You could have asked him to join us." 

"You haven't answer my question yet, Hailey. Do you prefer men who can cook?" She smirked at me before replying, "Yes, I do prefer men who can cook. But you know what, after meeting you I prefer men who cannot cook because I will be able to tie you down with my delicious cooking." She gave me a light peck on the lips which I then pulled her back for a more passionate one. 

She giggled, "Just let me finish this meal before making out, all right? I can't kiss on an empty stomach." We finished up the meal and I had to carry her all the way to the living room because she insisted on washing the plates with me. I joined her on the couch after cleaning up everything. We snuggled on the couch while binge watching some of our favourite movies. 

She soon drifted off to sleep and I kissed her forehead before muttering an 'I love you' before drifting off to lala land. 

End of chapter 31!!! I'm planning to draw an ending to this book soon because I don't wish to keep on holding back onto unfinished book :")))