{three}

Real Life

"Party time," Octavia says, adjusting the straps of her red dress. Jasper watches her curiously. 

"Should we introduce ourselves first?" Monty asks nervously. 

"Dude, why are you so scared?" Bellamy asks. 

"He's stalling," Raven says. 

"Stop stalling, Monty," Clarke says, nudging him. "And text us to let us know how it goes."

"Lets all text in half an hour," Octavia decides. "You know, to make sure everyone's alive and stuff."

"Assuming we aren't... preoccupied," Bellamy says, smirking. 

"Gross," Clarke says. 

"Talk to you guys soon!" Octavia says, already on her way into the house. 

Octavia weaves her way through the crowd of people, bopping her head to the loud music. 

Someone grabs her arm. 

"Octavia, right?"

Octavia recognizes him as Lincoln. 

"How do you know my name?" she asks, blushing. 

"You followed me on Instagram," Lincoln says, laughing. "And you're kind of hard to forget."

Octavia giggles nervously. "How are you liking it here?" she asks. 

Lincoln shrugs. "Not many people have tried to talk to me. That's part of the reason I'm hosting this party, actually."

Octavia smiles softly. "We're officially friends. Here, I'll give you my number."

Lincoln grins, handing Octavia his phone. She quickly types in her number. 

Octavia Blake created a new group

Octavia Blake added Lincoln 

Octavia Blake named the group Besties

Octavia: Just testing 😉

Lincoln: Got it :)

Real Life

"Why don't you have a full screen name?" Octavia asks, smiling at her phone. 

"It wouldn't let me add one for some reason," Lincoln replies, shrugging. "So we're 'besties' now?"

"Of course," Octavia says, looping her arm through his. "I'm gonna introduce you to my other friends, okay? Don't be put off by their strangeness."

"Now I'm nervous," Lincoln jokes. 

Octavia leads him across the room to where Jasper and Raven are whispering together. 

"I'm just saying, you can't keep telling me lamps and wall sconces are the same thing," Jasper is saying. 

"Wall sconces are literally just mini lamps that go on the wall," Raven replies, rolling her eyes. 

"You're a disgrace," Jasper mumbles. 

"Um... hey guys," Octavia cuts in. Lincoln stands awkwardly beside her. "This is Lincoln, the host."

Jasper grins and Raven shakes his hand. 

"Raven Reyes," she says. "Nice to meet you."

"Jasper Jordan," Jasper says. "What's your opinion on wall sconces and lamps?"

Lincoln exchanges a side glance with Octavia. "I, uh, love them."

"But do you love them as a whole, or love them each separately?"