i. | ❝ kinda cute. ❞

NAUGHTY GIRL.
i. |  ❝ kinda cute. ❞

 ❞

"I DON'T SEE WHAT the big deal is," the flame-haired beauty mused, her full lips pursed in somewhat of a deliberative fashion as she allowed her gaze to rake over the unconscious sociopath hunched over in the armchair beside the crackling fire in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House. "He's.... Actually kind of cute."

"Cute?" Damon repeated with an air of indignation, his incredible eyebrows shooting upwards like a pair of disgruntled caterpillars. "Cute? Scarlet, the guy tried to stake me. That's not cute." The vampire paused momentarily, his nostrils flaring slightly as he turned his head to throw a glance over his broad shoulder at the dark-skinned witch hovering behind him, slender arms folded and her narrowed eyes locked securely on the sleeping newcomer. "Bonnie, back me up on this."

"Mmh?" The Bennet witch blinked as she allowed her concentration to flit towards her two companions, who always seemed to be engaged in some sort of debate. Whether it be full-on arguing, or light banter, there was always confrontation where Damon and Scarlet were concerned - an aspect of their friendship which had heightened tenfold since their incarceration in the 1994 equivalent of Mystic Falls.

Rolling his cerulean orbs expressively, Damon swung his legs onto the sofa and leaned back, waving a hand languidly. "Scarlet thinks Kai is - and I quote - 'cute'. You know, the guy who tried to drive a giant shard of patio furniture through my heart, before you so kindly intervened."

"Well, you know Scarlet," Bonnie retorted, her tone light as she shot the redheaded vixen a lopsided grin. "She always did have a thing for sociopaths. I mean, remember Kol?"

"Don't remind me," the vampire groaned, slapping a palm to his forehead. "I'll never forget the look on Elena's face - or on his face, for that matter - when we walked in on Little Red, here, giving that asshole a blowjob on her couch." There was a brief pause while Damon sent Scarlet a glare, wagging his finger in a scolding fashion while she simply looked on with an icy smile dancing across her countenance. "And that was the last time Elena ever trusted you to house-sit."

"What can I say? He'd already been invited in."

"I bet," Damon countered, a look of utter distaste crossing his chiselled features at the mere undertones of her easily-misinterpreted remark.

It was at this point that the stranger in the armchair chose to stir, a hoarse groan slipping from between his lips as he lifted his head slowly and cracked his neck, his piercing blue eyes fluttering open.

"You're awake," Damon ventured, stating the obvious as he got to his feet, folding his arms over his muscular chest swiftly.

"Shame," Scarlet quipped, watching keenly as Kai allowed his piercing gaze to flicker around the lavishly-furnished room in somewhat of a dazed fashion, oblivious to the strawberry blonde beauty's cruel intentions. "He looked so adorable when he was sleeping. I was hoping to have a little fun with him."

***

"Now," the raven-haired Salvatore began as he paced back and forth in front of the captive witch idly, one hand tucked in the pocket of his jeans, and the other balancing a rather large and intimidating-looking poker on the broad expanse of his shoulder. "Time for our Q&A portion of the evening."

"Let me guess," Kai responded, his tone somewhat facetious. "I answer right, I get a pork rind. Wrong, I get a poker." A smirk danced across the brunette's boyish features and he sent a good-natured wink in Scarlet's direction, his keen gaze practically caressing the half-empty bag of pork rinds in her lap.

The strawberry blonde beauty quirked one perfectly arched brow, an amused look crossing her countenance. She wasn't at all fazed. In fact, Scarlet had been watching the sociopathic siphoner for a while, now; admiring the way he looked so helpless with his wrists taped to the arms of the wooden chair he was displayed in - mounted, like some kind of trophy. And she couldn't help thinking that she certainly wouldn't mind mounting him.

"Actually," she interjected with a cheeky grin. "These are for me." There was an ephemeral pause as the dark-eyed temptress tilted her head by just a few millimetres, her warm gaze snagging that of the witch sitting before her. "You just get the poker."

A look of hurt flashed across the sociopath's glimmering cornflower-blue eyes and he poked out his bottom lip adorably, clearly mocking her. "Ouch. Harsh."

"Hey. Lovebirds," Damon snapped, before letting out a short whistle to grab Kai's attention. "You can continue the proverbial dry-humping later, when I'm done making you into a douche-kebab."

"Damon-"

"Yeah, you don't need to do that," Kai interrupted, cocking his head to one side in what one could almost perceive as somewhat of a beseeching fashion. And yet, you could practically see the little cogs in his brain whirring behind his eyes; plotting. "We're on the same team."

Bonnie, who had remained reasonably silent up until now, chose to pipe up. "Really?" the Bennet witch inquired dryly. "Do you always try and kill your teammates?"

"The important thing is that you have your magic back," the wiccan soothed, his charm and charisma shining through seamlessly with every word he uttered. "It worked. I mean, you didn't seriously think I'd kill Damon, did you?" Kai chuckled heartily. "In what universe would that make sense? Who would kill one quarter of our population? I'm not a monster. I knew Bonnie would show up. She always comes back, all 13 times, and I knew that with the right motivation, she'd be able to access her magic. Although, I did get a little worried with all your bickering that Damon's life wouldn't be enough motivation, but-"

"As much as we'd love to hear your fascinating inner monologue," Scarlet interrupted crisply, evidently still mildly peeved by Damon's earlier comment. "Did you really do all that, just to trigger Bonnie's magic?"

Kai ran his tongue over his teeth fleetingly, taking his time as he turned his head just slightly to throw the flame-haired vixen a casual glance, his gaze raking over her slender frame with the merest hint of insatiable hunger. After all, Kai Parker hadn't seen an attractive woman - or any woman, in fact - for 20 years, and he was definitely running low on Playboy magazines. "Of course I did," he replied, his cerulean whorls finally meeting hers. "Because Bonnie's magic is the key to getting the hell out of here."

༚⠀⠀༷⠀⠀ྃ