ii. | ❝ you're like, really pretty. ❞

NAUGHTY GIRL.
ii. | ❝ you're like, really pretty. ❞

 ❞

SCARLET STOOD AT Damon's side, the pair of them illuminated by the weak stream of sunlight that filtered in through the hole in the cavern above them. They looked on silently as Bonnie allowed her dark orbs to flutter shut fleetingly, before slicing the smooth expanse of her wrist with the Ascendent - which, as Kai had revealed just that morning, was their only key to getting out of here - and letting the steady stream of burgundy liquid that gushed from her veins to trickle onto the centre of the object.

Naturally, Kai was nowhere to be found. After he had provided Bonnie with the Ascendent and managed to inadvertently let slip that he was, in fact, otherwise completely useless, Bonnie realised that she could get them home without his help, and speared him with a pick-axe - much to Damon and Scarlet's surprise.

"Okay," the dark-skinned witch breathed, her eyes shooting open once more as she threw an optimistic smile in their direction. "It's time."

Rubbing his hands together, the raven-haired Salvatore stepped forward, the redheaded vixen shadowing his broad frame closely. "Alright," he began, winking at Scarlet effortlessly. "Let's get awkward."

"Like this?" Scarlet questioned as the trio came together, forming a triangle and grasping each other's hands somewhat hesitantly.

Bonnie simply nodded in response, a proud glimmer overtaking the darkened irises of her chocolate-brown eyes, while Damon shifted slightly, a sheepish grin curving at his lips. "I'm sure there are about a billion people you'd both rather be here with, right now...." he ventured, his gaze flickering from Bonnie, to Scarlet, then back again.

"Shut up, Damon," the auburn-haired beauty responded with a light, tinkling laugh as she shook her head fondly.

The truth was, she didn't care if Damon was a good-humoured thorn in her side, nor if Bonnie was nice to the point where Scarlet found her rather boring. They were finally going home. And that was all that mattered.

The cave darkened further - if that was even possible - and the moon slid over the sun completely, masking it flawlessly. The three individuals could already feel the magic fizzing through their veins, passing through them from the Ascendant. The grotto's slippery floor seemed to shake, and Bonnie uttered a few low, mystical words in the hopes of sealing their transportation back to the real world.

But it was then, just as the supernatural object began to work its magic, that Kai came careering out of nowhere with a howl of resentment. He crashed into Scarlet, pushing her to the ground and watching as Bonnie and Damon disappeared, a look of complete anguish contorting his boyish features.

"No!" he roared, his voice bouncing off the walls of the hollow furiously.

Beneath his athletic form, the flame-haired temptress lay unconscious, a trail of blood dribbling from her temple from where she'd struck it on a nearby rock. And Kai, surprisingly, noticed this.

The witch lifted himself up onto his elbows and kneeled beside the ivory-skinned goddess tentatively, the agonised expression fading from his countenance, and furrowed brows replacing it.

She wasn't the Bennet witch, so any hope he had of getting out of his own personal hell was completely and utterly obliterated.

But what she was, he noted, was undoubtedly, absolutely stunning.

***

A low groan was ripped from between Scarlet's plump, rosy lips, and she shifted against the stack of cushions that propped up her slender frame on the plush expanse of the Salvatore brothers' large sofa. The dull, throbbing ache in her temple aroused the strawberry blonde goddess, causing her to lift her hand and allow the tips of her fingers to lightly graze the jagged cut that interrupted the silken surface of her porcelain skin.

And yet, surprisingly, her touch was met by what felt like a small bandage, placed directly over the injury with meticulous care.

"How're you feeling?" came the dulcet tones of the sociopathic siphoner who was doomed to share in the redheaded beauty's imprisonment for all eternity.

Startled, Scarlet struggled to turn her head to the side by just a few degrees, shooting Kai a look of pure disbelief, her flawlessly sculpted brows furrowed in confusion. "Do you really want me to answer that?" she inquired coolly, the merest hint of a slur audible in her voice.

Even when she was half-unconscious, she could still sass people into oblivion - or at least make a fair attempt at it. And naturally, this both amused and impressed the so-called 'pork rind-munching freak'.

Ignoring her icy tone and the disdainful expression that overcame the facetious vixen's physiognomy, Kai simply chuckled hoarsely, leaning forward slightly so that his elbows rested on his knees, his fingers interlaced with one another as he gazed at her keenly.

"Sorry," the witch riposted, a wolfish grin stretching across his countenance with a flash of his perfectly straight, glimmering white teeth. And yet, despite the charisma and dominant masculinity that practically oozed out of his every pore, there was a sort of sheepish vulnerability about him. It was something Scarlet had never seen - and certainly wouldn't expect to see - in Kai, before. "I'm nervous. You're like, really pretty."

The crimson-lipped nymphet's perfectly arched eyebrows shot upwards at the wiccan's frank words, causing her to wince. For a psychotic outcast who managed to murder half of his immediate family, he certainly was smooth. "I know," she divulged bluntly.

Slightly taken aback, Malachai tilted his head to one side, chortling quietly. "Cocky," he remarked, his grey-blue whorls snagging hers intimately. "I like it."

"Don't be a hypocrite, Kai. It doesn't suit you."

༚⠀⠀༷⠀⠀ྃ