Ruby's Bad Mood Part 2

Ruby came back through the backdoor to Mrs. Bunny chopping vegetables in prepping Mexican chicken and rice for dinner in the slow cooker.

"Back so soon?" Mrs. Bunny asked before she gasped when she saw her daughter's foot. "Oh my goodness, what happened to your foot?"

"It's fine, Mom," said Ruby. "I was just helping Louise and Valerie haul a wagon full of firewood up a hill and one of the logs fell out right onto my foot, but we picked it all up and hauled it up fine after that." Mrs. Bunny approached her daughter wanting a closer look at her foot.

"Just lemme have a look," Mrs. Bunny said.

"I said I'm fine!" Ruby snapped.

"Or maybe things didn't end up so smoothly at the park," said Mrs. Bunny. "Looks like you need some quiet time."

"I do kinda wanna be alone," grumbled Ruby. She headed upstairs and entered her room, wanting to find something to cheer her up. She grabbed her Bunny Drew book off her nightstand and climbed onto her bed, laying on her stomach with her legs propped up as she started reading.

Her emotions got her nowhere in the book, as she kept having to reread page after page, not being able to concentrate in the slightest.

Just then, she heard Max's toy ambulance wailing out in the hallway, followed shortly by the sound of crying coming from Grace and Oliver's room.

"Uh, Max?" said Mr. Bunny coming of his and Mrs. Bunny's room "Can you play with that downstairs? Grace and Oliver really need to be down for their nap now." Max did not even acknowledge his father as he kept rolling around his toy ambulance and laughing.

"Emergency, emergency," said the ambulance with its wailing siren. Max was having a ball as Mr. Bunny gave up and instead rushed in to try to calm a crying Oliver. Ruby, however, decided to intervene with her brother's antics. She came out of her room and towered over him, her ear drooping as she gave him the dirtiest look.

"You heard Dad," she said in a nasty tone. "Play with it downstairs."

"But, Ruby," Max said. "W-why are you..."

"Dad asked you to play with it downstairs, but you're just gonna tune him out like you always do with me, aren't you?" She snapped. With that, she picked up his toy ambulance.

"Hey, give it back!" Max said, trying to reach for it.

"When Dad says play with it downstairs, he means downSTAIRS!!" On the syllable, "stairs," she threw his toy ambulance down the stairs, making a huge racket. A couple of pieces broke off of it upon impact. Max gasped at what his sister just did.

"M-my ambulance!" Max exclaimed with his paws on his cheeks. He started to cry before getting angry himself. "You, you, you did that on purpose!"

"Ruby... Katherine... Bunny!" said Mrs. Bunny in a grave tone when she reached the top of the stairs holding the broken ambulance. "You apologize to your brother this instant!" Ruby hesitated for a second before turning back to her mother.

"No," she said with her arms crossed. Mrs. Bunny, stunned at her daughter's behavior, took a second to process how she just responded to her.

"I see how it is." Mrs. Bunny said.

The scene cut to Ruby entering her room with her mother standing at the door.

"Now, when you're ready to talk, use your words, then you can come out." With that, Mrs. Bunny closed the door, leaving Ruby all alone in her room with a glare on her face and her arms still crossed. She took one look around at her room with the dead silence.