Chapter 8

Dallys POV-

"I- I dont know..." I said hesitantly.
"What?" Soda questioned.
"I don't know if im okay. I mean, physically, yes... But..." I started but stopped myself. "Nevermind." I muttered. I didnt like all this soft stuff. It made me sick.

Sodapop took a slow step towards me... Then another... "No, its okay. You can tell me." He smiled slightly.
What was going on?! I just threatened to kill him for gods sake! Why was he being... Nice?!

I chuckled quietly under ny breath. "What was that for?" Soda asked me. I just laughed again, this time a bit louder. "Dal, you're scarin' me." Soda added.

I laughed even louder at his reaction. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the stress, maybe the emotion, maybe the confusion... I dont know. I couldnt cry, I couldnt scream, I couldnt talk, all I could do was laugh.

Nothing was funny. Not a damn thing. But I laughed. "Im going crazy." I finally managed to say.
Sodas eyes widened. "No doubt about that one pal." He laughed. "I dont know if its her... Or you... Or..." I started. "Or me." I laughed again.

This caused Darry to cone outside to see if we were alright. "Pepsi-Cola... Whats going on with him?" Darry asked Soda. Soda just shurgged his shoulders in responce.

"Its not you, hitting on my... Ex. Its not her, not wanting to forgive me. Its not you guys, trying to protect her from me. Its not anyone but me."

I just laughed as I realized it. I've said it was my fault in the past but I never believed it. I just said what would make her happy, and want to take me back.

At this point, Steve and Ponyboy had came outside too.

"Its me!" I yelled. "This whole time... Its me." I was breathing heavily. I knew (y/n) would never take me back. I could never apologise to my friends. There was nothing I could do to make this better. So I ran. I ran from the Curtis' yard and went to do the only thing I knew how to do.

I had a gun in my pocket, which I always carry and went into the closet store I found. "Give me the money." I said to the old man running the register as I held the gun to his head. "GIVE ME THE MONEY!" I yelled, and he finally did.

I took the money and ran, again. I didnt know where to run, I just kept going... Down the street. I soon heard police sirens following me, so I took a turn into a park.

The sounds still followed me and soon, I was surrounded.

I laughed as I dropped the money and pulled out my gun.

I heard the guys running after me and yelling stuff, but I didnt care. Then I heard something else... A girls voice... And it sounded like she'd been crying... It was (y/n). I turned to look at them and I caught a glimpse of (y/n)'s beautiful face. There was a moment of silence before I finally yelled out to her, "IM THE PROBLEM!" Then I heard a loud booming sound followed by a sharp stinging feeling in my chest...

This feeling of pain was followed by dizziness... Then darkness... Then, my mind... Just... S-stoppe...d.........
.............................
.............................

(Y/n)'s POV-

Me and the gang ran up to Dallys lifeless body on the ground. I knelt down beside him, along with Johnny and Ponyboy. I took something out of my pocket and held it close to my heart.

"The thing that you had... When we left the woods?" Ponyboy asked. I nodded. I leaned over, and fastened it around Dal's neck. It was his necklace.

"Once a cheater, always a cheater, Winston." I started quietly.
"But I wouldnt have stayed so many times if I didnt love you." I finished.

I shed a single tear and kissed his cheek. I took a deep breath and stood up.

"So... What happens now?" Steve asked quietly. None of us answered. "Do you wanna stay at our house?" Soda asked me. I smiled sadly and shook my head no.

"Im going home." I whispered.

"Just like that?! Its all over, just like that?!" Johnny yelled, crying.

"Yeah. Just like that." I turned, and started my way back.