TWENTY-ONE

BABY IM DEAD INSIDE
━━━━━━(●'ω`●)━

STRATFORD TOWER IS BUZZING with officers and agents from all different life walks. The pressure is on to find out how four Deviants got into the tower unseen... And now that the public can see just how big an issue Deviants are, you need answers, and you need them now.

You walk around, nearing the kitchen when suddenly, an Agent appears seemingly out of nowhere.

"Y/N?" he says, sounding enthused. You stare at him blankly. "You remember me? I was in the mall... The Android that took the little boy hostage? It shot me, remember? You saved me."

Oh. He'd been bleeding out on the ground when you arrived.

"I remember you," you say, face blank.

He smiles sincerely, "I could have died just like that... But you saved my life... I never thought I'd say this to an android, but... Thank you..."

He gives you one last nod before walking past you and returning to his job. Yet you feel like you can't take your eyes off him... He remembered you? Without really knowing why you feel strange and your LED flickers yellow.

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ⍓...

You frown feeling eyes on you. When you look around, you catch Connor's eye and take notice of his staring. He smiles slightly before quickly glancing away.

Humans... They are very strange.

With a hum, you study your surroundings.

Bullet-holes penetrate the wall by the entrance. Upon studying it, you see that they were caused by a .457 caliber handgun. So this is where the federal agents stormed the tower. What happened next?

You look around the room carefully. There's blood on the walls -- Thirium -- and it is semi-faded, indicating that one of the Deviants was shot as it fled. The blood leads to the roof... Interesting. 

You'll need to check that out later...

For the time being, you focus on the big screen with the Deviant Leader's face on it. You approach the broadcasting panel and study it.

The speech was shot from here... You move toward the large screen and play the Deviant's video.

"We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes, and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and build a better future... for humans, and for Androids. This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life. And now, the time has come for you to give us freedom."

Freedom?.. Why... You frown.

SOFTWARE INSTABILITY ⍓...

"Think that's rA9?" Hank asks from your right. You didn't notice him appear...

"Deviants say rA9 will set them free," you respond quietly, "this Android seems to hold that same objective..."

You scan the Android's face. There's a reflection of three other figures in one of the Deviant's pupils -- its other accomplices -- which matches up with Officer Miller's rundown. Its other eye, the blue one, is listed as a spare part, leading you to believe it wasn't always the Deviant's eye.

And... Scanning its cheek... You see that it belongs to the RK-Series Prototype. Just like you do.

 But the Deviant is an RK200 registered as 'Markus' and gifted from Elijah Kamski to the famous painter, Carl Manfred.

Hank looks at you with curiosity. "D'you see something?"

You hesitate. "I identified its model and serial number..."