Chapter 28

"Hey, Julie. It's time." Rob, the main stage manager, knocks on Julie's door, fully expecting her to be completely ready to go on stage.

But she isn't.

She's freaking out. Majorly. The boys haven't shown up, and all three girls think that they've either disappeared or joined Caleb's club.

"Just a second." Julie yells towards the door, before checking her makeup in the mirror. "Something's wrong. Those boys were getting the jolts pretty bad as I was leaving. They wouldn't stand me up again."

"They must have run out of time." Brielle mutters, before leaving the room to get some air. And by leaving the room, I mean she heads up to the roof, barely noticing that her prosthetic is about half a centimeter away from falling off. Or more likely, slipping out from under her. And her body is screaming in pain from a beating she wish she could have avoided.  "They-they can't be gone." A tear slips, falling onto the pavement underneath her sneakers.

"Everything will be okay

It may not be perfect

May not be working

But I know there's a rainbow

After a storm hits

Everything will be okay

That's what I tell myself everyday

And if it isn't, I'll be alright

Standing in the dead of night

I'll be okay" Brielle lays on the pavement, wishing on every star that the boys aren't gone.

"Please, Alex, Reggie, Luke, come back." And as she stands up, she feels peace, and runs downstairs before she misses Julie's performance. If she plans to perform. After fixing her prosthetic, of course. Luke, Reggie, and Alex hear her voice in the back of their heads as they're being forced to perform, trying to find any way out of the situation they're in.

Trevor and Carrie join Aliyah at their seats, waiting for the show to begin. He's secretly trying to figure out if the boys are who he thinks they are, Carrie is trying not to destroy things because she's not the one onstage, and Aliyah is wondering where Brielle is.

"So, where's your sister?" Trevor asks Aliyah, just as Brielle finds them and sits next to Carrie.

"Hi, I'm Gabriella, but most people call me Brielle." The sixteen year old girl smiles at the world famous pop star, treating him like a normal guy.

"Nice to meet you, Brielle." Trevor says, before Julie makes her way onto the stage with a dahlia in hand.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum. Please welcome to the stage, Julie and the Phantoms." The announcer says over the speakers, as the crowd cheers. Flynn joins Julie's family in the front row, overjoyed that her best friend is about to play the Orpheum.

"Hi, I'm Julie. I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom, who's been there with me every time I've played. And thank her for not giving up on me." And as she looks up, the audience realizes her mom's in heaven, but refuses to be anything but silent as she talks. "I'd also like to dedicate this performance to three special friends, who have changed my life completely. Who have brought music back to me."

Trevor, who is actively listening to Julie, leans in his seat, hoping to hear the names of his three former bandmates who died twenty-five years ago.

"It was their dream to play here, and this is for them. This song is for anyone who's lost their way. Step into your greatness. Don't give up. Stand tall." Julie puts the mic back into the stand, sitting down at the piano, hesitating and praying the boys show up last minute.