Closer 3

Closer 3

Sometimes one just needs to feel somebody a little bit closer.

It's six hours later, and your pagers go off at the same time. Not with a 9-1-1, but just with a regular page.

"Ah, I feel all relaxed," Addison smiles as she uncurls from you.

"Yeah," you nod as you hand her the coat.

One nap next to this woman and you feel brand new, the sun is shining, and you've got a whole new perspective on life.

You're dressed like doctors, so no one bats an eye when you show up at the same time to the NICU.

"How's Charlotte doing?" You ask Addison as she checks on her.

"Doing great, they're all doing well," she smiles.

"Excellent," you smile.

Dorie, the quint's mother, shows up and she's delighted to see them all thriving.

"I've got nine babies. Nine!" Dorie smiles happily.

Izzie's still mad at you, and Alex is still mopey, and George is still mad at you because Izzie is mad at you, but Cristina seems to be coming around because she is your person after all.

"Hey, where have you been?" Cristina asks you.

"Just napping," you shrug, because it's true.

"You smell like apricots," says Cristina.

"Apricots are nice," you answer.

"I can tell there's more you're not saying," Cristina says.

"There's nothing more to say, napping and apricots are nice," you smile.

She doesn't question it further, at least not in front of your face, and you go about your business and your day, and even a surgery with Derek doesn't bring you down.

It's bringing your shoulders down though, the surgery causes you to be all bent over at an odd angle, and afterward you feel as stiff as a nail.

Derek tries to charm you, but you're not buying it.

"No, I don't still want to get dinner with you Derek, you haven't signed those papers yet, and even if you did I'm not sure I could trust you again," you say frustratedly.

"Alright..." Derek slinks away, and you find yourself in an on-call room alone again.

A nagging part of you wishes that Addison was here, so you could cuddle up to her again, and then you think that maybe this is becoming a sort of addiction, because you don't feel like sleeping without her.

'Damnit!' you say to yourself. 'Damn her for working her way into your happiness.'

You're determined to be all happy anyway, and you try to rub the knots out of your shoulders with your own palms.

It's effective. Not as effective as say, yoga which you've only done once and you'll probably never have time for again, or like, a real professional massage which you'll probably never have the money for in the near future either.

So you keep going, and you're trying to work out the knots in your neck when you hear the door creaking open.

"Hey, hello, is anybody sleeping in here...?" You hear a quiet voice whisper.

"I'm awake," you giggle, and you hear the door creak open.

"Oh it's you, hey," says Addison as she walks in without hesitating.