Chapter 39

After around five minutes of non-stop sprinting, Jungkook and I finally made it to the dorms. Jungkook looked completely refreshed whilst I was leaning against the wall of one of the dorms, huffing and puffing my lungs out. Jungkook smirked at me mockingly causing me to roll my eyes at him. I really need to get back to the gym I thought. 

Jungkook and I entered the first dorm in a rush. We climbed up the stairs to the bedrooms and bust the door down hurriedly to the teens' surprise. Some looked as if they were on their beds talking beforehand, others look like they were up to no good, but they all had the same expression on their faces: eyes wide and jaw dropped in shock. I guess since their full attention was on Jungkook and I, it was the perfect time to escort them out of the dorm. "Um guys please take your stuff and get downstairs because we need to get out of here now..."

One of the boys started to protest: "Who the fuck are you to tell us..."

"HEY!! GET YOUR FUCKING ASSES DOWNSTAIRS AND OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I DRAG YOU OUT" Jungkook shouted, almost bursting my eardrums. Everyone continued to stay plastered to the ground, now surprised at Jungkook's sudden outburst. 

"MOVE!!" I screamed louder. Suddenly and finally, they all crammed their valuable belongings in their pockets and rushed out of the door, pushing and shoving Jungkook and I out of the way, not saying a single word. Jungkook and I went after them as they scurried down the stairs and stood outside nervously. 

When we got outside, they all stared at me silently, waiting for me to tell them what to do next. "Just wait here" I told them, and hoped they would obey. I turned to Jungkook and pointed to the second dorm. "You clear out this dorm and I will clear out the third" I instructed. 

Jungkook nodded and proceeded to jog to the next dorm, whilst I went to the third dorm. I ran up the stairs, going up two or three steps at a time, swung open the door to the bedroom and almost collapsed. An awful smell ambushed me and I covered my nose with my broken hand. What the hell have these people managed to do in here in the space of 24 hours?? I thought. I am glad I wasn't put in this dorm....

Seven pairs of eyes stared at me in confusion, just like the other dorm had. I didn't blame them: if a random person just barged into my room like that, I wouldn't know how to react at first either. I struggled to breathe as I tried to get them downstairs. "Guys, get your stuff... please get downstairs..."

The only response I got was sniggering from the boys and giggling from the girls. There was no way they were going to take me seriously if I am choking on air like this. Suddenly, I heard stomps up the stairs and a familiar figure emerged from the corner. "What the fuck is taking you so long Y/N?" Jungkook said. He stormed into the dorm and doubled over when he noticed the smell. "What did you dirty little rascals do in here?" wheezed Jungkook, holding his nose. "Did someone take a shit in their bed or something? Anyways, pack important belongings now: we are getting out of this shithole"

************

Jungkook and I took lead as we all ran as fast as we could to the buses. As soon as Tae saw us, he ran the engine immediately. I looked past the bus for any sign of emerging soldiers; I caught silhouetted figures at the edges of the forest. We had little time left. When I got to the bus, I nodded for Taehyung to open the doors of the bus. Jungkook and I immediately started piling the teens onto the bus. "Come on guys, find a seat quickly..."

I was interrupted by two girls that I recognised as Lisa and Jisoo's friends that I saw on day 1 of 'camp'. They were the last two people to get on the bus before we could finally leave. "Excuse me, do you know where Jisoo and Lisa are?" one of them asked nervously. 

"I... um..." I choked on my words as I struggled to keep the tears down. Flashes of Lisa's body broken to pieces and Jisoo's wet and pale body invaded my mind unwillingly. The two girls stared at me with a twinkle of hope in their eyes, waiting for me to suddenly draw out their friends from behind me or something. "I will explain anything later, but for now, we need to go because we are all in danger"

"But we can't just leave them behind..." They pleaded desperately. 

"I'm sorry guys but we have to keep moving. Please go and find a seat and buckle up" Jungkook said, lightly pushing them onto the bus. They gave me one last look of hope and I turned my head away, unwilling to face them, knowing that they would never see their two best friends again. They silently entered the bus, their heads bowed in fear, confusion and sadness. I looked at Jungkook and witnessed his eyes start to water, however, when he saw me, he gave me a reassuring smile. I really dreaded the time when I would have to tell the two girls what happened to Lisa and Jisoo. They would experience the same thing I experienced when I lost Jimin and Namjoon: the seemingly eternal pain and trauma. I wasn't able to save their best friends, but I can save them if we got out of here now. 

Jungkook and I climbed onto the bus, allowing the door to close behind us. As soon as the rest of the teens saw us, they started ambushing us with questions and demands:

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" I heard one boy scream. 

"ARE WE GETTING KIDNAPPED?" I heard someone else shriek.

"I forgot my phone... can I get out and get it?" one girl whined.

My head began to get hot from anger as the screams and shouts invaded my delicate ears forcefully, but before I could scream anything back at them, the sound of bullets rapidly hitting the back of the school bus stopped me. Everybody continued to scream but this time they were screaming for their lives... including me. 

"TAEHYUNG DRIVE!!" I heard Jungkook say from behind me and Tae immediately sped off down the road. As bullets continued to be fired, Jungkook turned his attention to the rest of us. "ALL OF YOU GET DOWN!" He instructed powerfully. Just as we ducked our heads, the window behind the school bus shattered, causing everyone to scream even louder. The firing of the bullets seemed endless and I worried that they might break down the bus or actually kill anyone. 

After what felt like eternity, the bullet firing stopped. Screams gradually lessened and were replaced by little sobs. I began to think that maybe we were too far away for the bullets to reach us, so the troops gave up. I slowly made my way to the back of the bus, crushing shards of glass with every step. "What are you doing?" one girl whispered. I ignored her; I didn't know what I was doing myself. I guess I just wanted to see the face of a disappointed Boris one last time before he was locked up for life. When I got there, I could just about see Boris' melancholy face staring at the bus driving away at full speed. He would be locked up knowing that he failed at his psychopathic experiment just because a couple of teenagers rebelled. He is not as smart as he thinks I thought, a grin forming on my face, he could have just instructed his troops to shoot the tires of the bus so we stopped moving. I was definitely grateful for his stupidity.

Boris eventually looked at me and his face transformed from being sad to being extremely angry. I just maintained the eye contact, grinning widely, waving goodbye and giving him the finger before I eventually retreated back to the front of the bus. When Jungkook saw me, he smiled and took my hand in his. "What was that about?" he asked.

"Just... saying my last goodbyes" I replied. He kissed me on the head and pulled me into his arms. "Oh one last thing" I said.

"What?" Jungkook asked confused. 

I pulled out the detonator I had retrieved from Yoongi. "This" I said. I pushed the button on the detonator and sighed, satisfied with the faint sound of the dorms being blown to shit in the distance. There was definitely no chance of any sort of game happening down there ever again. Tae, Jungkook and I all laughed heartily, finally coming to terms with what we had accomplished: we had finally escaped.