Chapter 13

"Shut up all of you and look at the water. It's fucking rising!" I exclaimed, trying my best to stay afloat since my legs were hurting from the constant swimming. Jimin and Jungkook gasped, moving around frantically and forgetting how there was almost another murder. My immediate thoughts went to Jisoo. What was taking her so long? The button wasn't that far down in the swimming pool so it shouldn't have been that hard to complete the task. She only had about 20 seconds until we were all dead.

"Where the fuck is Jisoo?" asked Jimin, frustrated but with a hint of fear present in his voice, "she needs to hurry up before we all die"

"Do you think she made it?" Jungkook asked with a squeaky tone. His eyes glistened with worry and fright as the water rose up to our bottom lips. 

"I don't know... hopefully she is still down there trying to save us" Jimin replied but he didn't sound so sure that we were going to make it. I looked over at Jin: he wore a straight face as if there was nothing going on and we weren't all going to die. He stared straight ahead and remained completely motionless. There was no evidence of panic or fear in him at all. Hmmmm I thought, squinting my eyes at him.

Jungkook's eyes lit up as if he had a life saving idea - and I sure hoped he did. "Maybe Jimin could go down there and help Jisoo out since he is a good swimmer and..."

"NO" Jungkook was interrupted abruptly by a booming voice and I realised that it was coming from Jin. He was no longer motionless: his broad shoulders squared up and his head turned to glare at Jungkook with a devilish look on his face. The sudden change in attitude and posture shocked me and I could tell that Jungkook was taken aback too. "The rules were simple: each person has to carry out their task on their own and without any support from the other contestants"

"Wait hold on, when did Yoongi say that?" asked Jimin and his face wrinkled with deep thought. He was right to be confused since I didn't actually hear Yoongi mention anything about not using teamwork. After all, this was supposed to be a camp, even though it turned out to be completely different.

"Yeah, he never said anything about not getting help" I added, agreeing with Jimin for the first time in a long time.

Jin scowled at us and rolled his eyes excessively. "Have you never played truth or dare before? NOBODY gets help with their dares like I thought this was just common sense"

"Yeah but that was when I wasn't about to be killed by your psychopath of a cousin" Jimin shouted. "Do you want to die?"

"Don't you dare talk about my cousin like that" Jin spat, staring daggers through Jimin's eyes, "just trust me okay because I don't want us to accidentally make a mistake and then dying anyways." I guess he had a point. Jimin huffed in defeat and turned to face me. He was about to say something when water entered all of our mouths, forcing us to press our mouth against the ceiling in order to breathe. 

"We are all going to die..." said Jungkook. The bright look in his eyes had vanished and was replaced by hopelessness. I closed my eyes and waited for the oxygen supply to run out. Please Jisoo, please push the button. We are all counting on you. I breathed in the last bit of oxygen before the water overlapped my head and finally filled the entire room. My body was sucked underneath the surface once again and the burning sensation of my squeezing lungs returned. I thought about my past, specifically my father. I thought of all the days we had spent together before his death and the times we could have spent together. The thought of me joining my dad - hopefully in heaven- brought a small smile to my face. I wonder what...

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden motion coming from the ground. The water felt as if it was being sucked into the floor around me and before I could react properly, I was propped onto the floor. I looked around the room and all the water was gone; it was if it was never there in the first place. The only water that remained was the one that was in the swimming pool. Jisoo must have made it to the button. I grinned happily; I knew Jisoo could do it. She was a strong girl and the task wasn't that difficult, even though she couldn't swim. 

I looked over at the rest of my fellow contestants and they were all celebrating with themselves... well everyone but Jin. His solemness had returned and he stood there, quietly staring at the swimming pool. "YES JISOO" screamed Jimin. He bounced around excitedly, punching the air joyfully. I guess he did conquer death. Jungkook looked happier than ever. He too was staring down at the swimming pool.

"So where is Jisoo then?" asked Jungkook. Right on cue, Jisoo swam up to the surface of the pool. "Oh my God Jisoo, you did it! I am so proud of you"

"Yeah looks like your not as useless as I thought. I'm giving you the biggest hug when you come out" Jimin teased. However, there was no reply from Jisoo. "Jisoo?" 

Jisoo remained motionless as she floated in the pool. Her body was turned away from the rest of us and all we could see was her long black hair bobbing in the water. Jimin dove into the pool, grabbed hold of Jisoo and turned her over. I screamed in horror as I was met with a pale face. Her lifeless eyes bulged out of her head and her mouth was open as if she was in shock and froze in place. I looked at Jimin but he looked away, indicating that there was nothing he could do to help. Jisoo was dead.