L O K A // H V I T S E R K . & . I V A R

'I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic'

"Why are you doing this?" Hvitserk asked the auburn-haired woman who stood in the sewers alongside the others in the army. 

Loka smiled at him before speaking, "Do not worry about me."

He turned from her, his worries pushing to the back of his mind as he caught up with his brother, Ivar. Hvitserk knew he didn't have the time nor the energy to worry about her, not when there was so much at stake right now. 

Loka's hands gripped her bow and arrow tightly as she watched the two brothers in front of her. She let the small smirk cross her lips as she awaited the signal. Her eyes were on the hands of Ivar who threw one hand up in the air. Stepping forward, Loka awaited the ladders. The ladder was set in place before she climbed up, pushing the lid off the ground she was one of the first of her people above the ground, bow and arrow in hand as she began firing arrows quickly. She climbed out of the small hole, her hands working overtime as she continued to fire arrow after arrow to clear the way for others to help. 

More people came up from below ground, Loka didn't slow down though. 

When people got in front of her, she had to pull back on the bow and arrows. They were the weapon of her choice, she had tried to train with other weapons but these were the ones that worked well for her. 

"Take this!" A sword was thrust into her hands by one of the men. 

She held the sword as she hung the bow over her shoulder. Heading through the crowd of people, she was quick to catch up with Ivar. Hvitserk may have been her lover but her loyalities laid with Ivar. He was the whole reason that she was here. She didn't look for Hvitserk, she didn't try to find him, she had found Ivar and she had to fight alongside him. 

When Ivar was safe and headed off, she continued on. 

XOXOX

The young woman opened her eyes as she let out a laugh. The blood that dripped down her face as she pressed her hands off her legs and looked up at the man before her who held out a hand to her. Reaching out to it, the two of them embraced. "Are you okay?" She asked as she looked at the dark haired man with a grin. 

"You fought well, Loka." Ivar told the young woman as he put his hands on her shoulders. "You should find my brother."

"You are not injured?" Loka only wanted to make sure that Ivar was safe. 

Ivar nodded, "I am fine."

Loka gave him a small nod before she rushed off to find Hvitserk. She avoided thinking about the alice that was on her right side of her stomach area. When she caught up with him, she nudged him as she walked alongside him. "Hey," she said in an innocent tone. It was like she had almost forgotten about the fact she was covered in blood and the both of them had slaughtered countless people. 

"Where was you?" Hvitserk asked the young woman as he put an arm around her. 

She grinned, "With Ivar."

He rolled her eyes at her. "You are always with Ivar," he told her with a raised eyebrow. 

"Someone sounds a little jealous," she playfully as she looked up at him. 

Hvitserk laughed as he thought about her words. "Trust me, I'm not."

She knew he wasn't lying. She knew much more about him than he thought.

"Wanna get clean together?" She asked him with a wink as she snuggled closer to him. 

He looked down at her. She was different to how he normally knew her. The young woman looked so abnormal. Her usual pale face was covered in a dried coating of blood, her smiled was not normal, it was replaced with a smirk, one to rival Ivar's. 

The two of them must have been walking slow because Ivar caught up with them. "Brother," he said as he stood the other side of the young woman. "Loka." He gave him both a nod as he said their names. "Tonight we celebrate."

Loka escaped Hvitserk's grip as she looked at Ivar. "I think we both have very different definitions of celebrating." Her eyes landed on Hvitserk who she winked out before looking back to Ivar. "Me and you are going to drink a lot tonight though."