Twelve

The next day, at lunch, Karl and Nick were nowhere to be seen. Pretty suspicious, if you ask me.

Clay, Bad, Alex and I were sitting at a table, and I was munching on a cookie that Clay had bought me, against my wishes. Alex and Bad were both silently watching us, and I felt uncomfortable.

"What?" I finally asked them. Alex shrugged, and Bad looked away, pretending to be distracted.

Clay seemed to remember something, and reached into his bag. He pulled out another Mars bar.

"Here."

I looked at it, confused. "Are you gonna start bringing me these every day?"

"Yup, until we run out. Here."

I took it gratefully, and unwrapped it. I'd given up on refusing Clay's generosity, and he had rich parents anyways, so it was okay.

As I bit into it, he spoke again. "But there's a catch. What were you doing with Sarah yesterday?"

This seemed to pique Bad and Alex's interest. "Ooh, drama," Alex teased.

I hushed them. "It was nothing, she just wanted to get coffee."

He looked suspicious. "Why did you go to her room afterwards?"

Bad hushed Alex, who'd started going "oooh" again.

"There's nothing between us," I huffed. "She's leaving for France in like a week or something, anyways."

This seemed to satisfy Clay, and he stopped asking questions. Alex turned to Bad.

"First Nick and Karl start disappearing together, and now Clay and George like eachother. It's just us now, huh?"

"Don't even think about it, you muffin," Bad said, biting into his sandwich. Alex started making kissing noises, and Bad shoved him off, yelling "Hey!"

I shook my head at his dumb antics. The bell rang, and we got up, heading to our foods class. We said bye to Bad, on our way out.

We saw Nick already waiting at the counter when we got in, and immediately Alex started interrogating him.

"Where were you? What did you do with Karl? Have you guys fucked?"

"What the hell, Alex!" Nick shouted, embarrassed. "We did nothing, just went to get milkshakes from the diner. Chill out."

The teacher started talking, and we shut up. Time to get cooking, again.