Chapter 17 - Silence

Published on 01.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

The next few days for Aarohi after Vihaan told that he won't talk to her at all went just fine for her. There was an unusual calmness in the whole house. Aarohi thought it was better this way since there won't be any need to speak to that control freak.

But soon the silence started suffocating her. Have you ever been in a situation where everything gets you irritated? A situation like where you don't feel like sleeping but you don't even want to stay up. A situation like where you are bored yet you don't wanna do anything. Aarohi found herself relating to that. When Vihaan said that he'll ignore her presence, he wasn't joking. He did just that. He avoided her as if she didn't exist. For a moment, Aarohi even questioned herself if she has become invisible.

Gosh! What does she actually want?

They were behaving worse than strangers. Strangers atleast spared a glance or smile at each other, here, Vihaan wouldn't even mistakenly look at her and Aarohi couldn't make sense of anything. She knew she loses her rational side when she argues with him, letting her stubborn demeanor take over it and then later drown in guilt.

She tried to convince herself that she was right at her place but her resolve broke when she came to know what Vihaan had done. Vihaan had been to office even on Sunday and she was sure it was less for work and more to avoid her presence as if she came with a danger tag on herself. She was stunned to find that Madhavi Tai had prepared dal, rice with aloo gobi sabzi. On asking, she found that Vihaan had told her to make what suits Aarohi and he would have the same. Just that he warned her to be careful about the quantity of spices going in and use as little oil as she can. Aarohi was dumbstruck. He had agreed.

He had freaking agreed!

No adjustments, no compromise, he just gave away what she wanted just like that.

She should have felt good, right? She should have been feeling a sense of triumph and happiness then why wasn't she feeling any of these emotions? Instead she felt all the more guilty. In the spur of the moment, she asked Madhavi Tai to continue cooking what she usually does and there's no need to make any changes.

She expected Vihaan to question her about this during dinner but he didn't even give her an expression that suggested that he was surprised. He was just indifferent to everything. She could've given up and tried to initiate a conversation but her pride didn't let her do it.

Now, when she thinks, she does realize that Vihaan has done a lot for her. He agreed to marry her on her terms and conditions where they would have no expectations, no responsibilities. He took care of her safety, gave her his own driver and she actually has a car of her own even without asking. He never crossed his limits or disrespected her. A little bit of compromise was the least she could do. She felt pathetic.

She didn't care if she came out to be desperate because she just wanted a reaction out of him which he oh so gracefully denied every fucking time.

Everyday she tried something new. She dropped her spoon while having food expecting him to get agitated over her but failed. She got a step further the next day and broke a cup under the pretext that it slipped from her hand. He didn't even flinch. Fuck! That was expensive. If it was her in his place, she was sure that she would have fucking made the person pay no matter if he did it intentionally or not.

Vihaan used to go for a jog every morning in the park of the society. Aarohi woke up and followed him for the jog as well one day. She was jogging the whole time by his side but he acted so oblivious. She even looked at him in a not so discreet manner too many times. It was embarrassing but oh man! He did have some solid determination.