Chapter 59: The End

Natsuki's POV

When I was a little girl, I was glad to have an amazing family. Their love was something no one can ever take or replace. It's more than just a present, it was something that I'll forever carry within me. Even though my life went through shambles as I grow up, and even though I lost someone very important to me. I was able to make some friends over the years. And papa, I'm glad he's still around. Even if he was a burden, even if he caused me pain, he's still family. And I still love him even after all that.

Papa used to be a very happy man. He used to buy me and mama some ice cream. He used to carry me on his back when I'm tired of walking. Even if he did change after mama's loss, I still knew deep down inside that he is still papa- only broken. Pain changed him. But I was still able to forgive him, I just..I just want my papa back.

I was overwhelmed with tears when he asked for forgiveness, and promised to change. But I was dissapointed, he couldn't keep his promise again and he's the reason why I'm in great danger.

Both MC and I are kind of the same, I realized that now. Our father dragged us into their twisted plans. But this man doesn't even care about his son. As far as I know his only concern is his business, he doesn't even care about himself, he just cared about his fucking business.

I braised myself for what's about to happen, he's pointing the gun at us and no doubt that he is gonna pull the trigger. "Dad..please", MC pleaded. His eyes brimming with tears.

"It's already too late for that boy", with that he pulled the trigger.

...

Papa used to smile a lot.

I dropped to my knees.

Papa used to play with me.

I couldn't breathe.

Papa was has his flaws.

I couldn't believe it.

Papa screams at me a lot.

I don't want to believe it..

But he is still my papa, no matter what.

"No...no...no..NO! NO! PAPA! NO! PAPAAA!!!"

I held him against me as I screamed loud as I can even God can hear. The pain inside is unbearable, it feels like my heart was being ripped into tiny pieces, it felt like I was being stabbed over and over again.

Papa was shot.

He's struggling to breath, and I am struggling to accept the fact that he's not gonna last for long, he's shot in the heart. "P-papa..", I placed my hand on his cheek, "Don't l-leave..", my voice is broken, I am broken. He can barely open his eyes now, but he still smiles, that breaks me even more and I didn't even know it was possible.

"Natsuki..", he's struggling to speak. I encouraged him to stop but he just shook his head. "I'm a bad father..", he whispered. "But you know..I'm really t-thankful to have y-you as m-my daughter", he coughed out.

"P-papa..", I just keep sobbing and crying as I hold him tight. I don't want him to let go, please not yet..

"D-don't let go...", I pleaded. "I need you..papa..please..", I cried. "Please.."

He shook his head again, "You d-don't need me, you've always been looking after yourself all these y-years..", he's slowly letting his eyes close. "You're a tough girl", he chuckled as he coughs out blood.