💌 Chapter Nine 💌

It took you a couple of hours to realize what you had to do (to which you should blame all the trauma you'd been through lately)

It took you a couple of hours to realize what you had to do (to which you should blame all the trauma you'd been through lately). You have to go to your dad and tell him everything in a calm, direct way.

The allowance of yours was at stake, so even if you had the most infinitesimal chance to get rid of Daniel (which you could see was pretty unlikely), making sure the truth was heard and clearing your name to your mom was more important. Besides, if Daniel is gone, so is Jungwon.

The bad news was that you didn't have to talk to him to know that he's upset. Usually, he'll spend the night and his mom would take him home once she comes from work.

Tonight, there was no sign of him. He was the one to always knock in your door if the dinner is ready. It's been so long since your family got used to his company and sometimes it feels like just yesterday he was looking cute as a kid and sometimes it feels like he never grew up at least only in your dreams.

When you find out that your mom is leaving for England to work there two years ago, you'd been upset and is turning every anger at the poor brother of yours for days. He's twelve and still a sweet brother who cried to his bestfriend about his evil sister, then just as you were about to fly for Seattle, he visited you in your room to talk the night before.

You can still remember it because any memory from Jungwon is holding tightly onto your grasp as his closeness to Daniel. It was just the thing you needed when it happened at the time you were checking if all the necessity is packed, and you hadn't forgotten the pocket money.

You let out a deep breath, blowing away some of the hair that had fallen into your face during the struggle of locking the suitcase and was reaching out for a scrunchie from the vanity mirror. The door to your room opened up, the sound of it lost among the shouting game between your dad and Daniel downstairs over what to bring as a snack just in case in the plane.

Stepping beyond the mess of dresses you had thrown down the floor, Jungwon perched on the small stool by the window, waiting for you to acknowledge him.

He watched you tie up your hair in a messy bun and you couldn't ignore him for so long. "What can I do for you, Jungwon?", you asked, without turning away from the other things you needed to sort out. "I'm busy"

"I see you're still not over your hissy fit over Auntie's departure", he said with a chuckle and the pitiful you hearing his words turned red.

Sending him a brief look, you turned to a scrap of wrapper that you used for the gifts of your cousins. "What do you really want, Jungwon?"

Jungwon is fourteen then and he is a good boy. He had never complain or disrespect any adults or he didn't even show the hormonal rage of the boys his age. He doesn't always understand you, but he tries hard and that's the important thing.