Chapter 10-Airport Pt.2

Steve blocks a punch as Iron Man lands. Clint fires an arrow at Vision. War Machine flies after Falcon and Bucky trades blows with T'Challa. An explosive arrow hits Iron Man. Natasha throws Scott, as Peter swings through the air, struggling to evade vehicles projected by Wanda. Bucky lands punches on T'Challa, Clint and Natasha battle with batons. Clint pins her down with his bow.

Bucky and T'Challa have each other by the throat.
"I didn't kill your father."

"Then why did you run?"

T'Challa pulls Bucky's hand off his neck, then spins him and fly-kicks him backwards. He sprouts claws and aims for Bucky's neck, but then Talia is there, grabbing his hand with her metal one, twisting it and then kicking his legs from underneath him, flooring him.

"Uxolo, ngaba sisengabahlobo?"
Sorry, are we still friends?

He just huffed, cat-like on the floor, Bucky had run to join Steve, so he slowly pushed himself up, winded,
"Singaba, ukuba uyayeka."
We can be. If you stop.

She smiled sadly at him, "Ndiyaqonda" before dashing off.
I understand.

As she ran to rejoin the others, it was clear there was a divide between Steve and Bucky- running for the hangar, and the rest of Cap's side, fighting in the open space.

To her utmost shock, the red suited man, suddenly, somehow, grew into a enormous Behemoth towering above them all on the airfield and grabbed War Machine's leg mid-flight.

"Whoa. Tiny dude is big now, he's big now." Rhodey said, nervously.
"Give me back my Rhodey."
Talia rolled her eyes.

"Tony, you got this? I think I gotta go." She nodded towards the far hangar, and Stark nodded in affirmation, flying around the huge figure.

Sprinting across the airfield, past T'Challa and Clint sparring, diagonally along a runway, she reached the metal structure, panting and out of breath. She spotted the quinjet, parked just inside the main entrance.

Looking to her right, she heard running footseots and saw Bucky and Steve racing for the hangar but Vision fires a shining beam of energy from his mind stone and the control tower collapses towards the entrance of the hangar. Wanda struggles to slow its collapse. Then War Machine descends behind her firing a sonic disruptor. Wanda holds her head and screams. The tower falls all around Steve and Bucky, but they make it into the hangar where Talia is waiting for them.

"Steve, do you really have to go, is there no way to resolve this?" She pleaded desperately but he just shook his head, "You know Tony, what he's like."

"You're not gonna stop, I know you can't, and you need to go right now, don't you," her gaze flitted to Bucky on Steve's left.
"Please Talia," the man said quietly, icy blue eyes piercing her soul. And she knew them that what they were doing was bigger than just saving Bucky, but something they couldn't tell her.

Just like that she ran, straight at them, with such intensity, they both actually braced for an attack, but she ran right though them, landing a running kick into the Black Panthers chest, who'd been silently chasing them down.

Trading frantic blows with the fierce warrior, she yelled brilliantly over her shoulder, "Go on Steve, nobody is dying today, not on my watch." T'Challa growled at her words, but couldn't make it past her as the two men clambered onto the plane, taking off hastily.

T'Challa was admittedly a much better warrior than her, so soon he overpowered her, running off to god knows where, leaving her bruised but not beaten, out of breath.

"Tony?" She called on the comms, "You good boss?"

"Yeh where are you sparky?"
"I erm.. Steve and Barnes got away, in the quinjet."

Tony cursed in her ear, "Right, Rhodey on me, Scott get Peter, he's done."

She faintly heard Peter protesting in the background, as she pushed herself upright.

"You're going home or I'll call Aunt May! You're done!"
"Wait. Mr. Stark, wait! I'm not done, I'm not . . ." He slumps down to the floor, "Okay, I'm done. I'm done."

Jogging, out of breath over to where the red suited teenager was, she grinned down at him, "Wow kid, that's quite a shiner you got there." He winced with his big black eye and she chuckled, before her smile dropped and she cast her eyes to the sky, "Come on, let's get you out of here, I quite fancy seeing Aunt May."

He groaned at her teasing and she cackled, pulling him up by his armpits, slinging an arm over his shoulder, leading him to where Tony had left his jet, two airstrips away, far away from any action.

Suddenly she sees a tiny trail of smoke on the sky, with a flash of red chasing it, as it plummets towards the ground at neck-breaking speed (I'm sorry)
"Tony? What's going on?"

She was met only with sounds of panting, and wind whistling as they neared closer to the earth,
"Tony!!"

"RHODES!"

****Sorry it's so hard to write the action scenes!! Also this was a bit rubbish oops filler lolHope you're enjoying so far anyway, thanks for reading :)

****
Sorry it's so hard to write the action scenes!!
Also this was a bit rubbish oops filler lol
Hope you're enjoying so far anyway, thanks for reading :)