Chapter 18- Squidward

Talia yawned loudly stretching her feet up onto the dashboard of the sleek Audi she was currently slumped into the passenger seat of, gazing out the window through dark sunglasses at the world outside.

It was far too early to be up, but Pepper was still insisting on her and Tony's morning run every day, all a part of her new fitness regime (she was writing a weird magazine or something). So Talia had dragged herself out and was now watching the busyness of Central Park unfold, eating a hot dog as she waited to pick the couple up.

Finally, they appeared from the swarms of people, Tony passionately saying something or other as Pepper just smiled at him listening bemusedly. The driver rolled her eyes exhaustedly- slamming her fist onto the horn loudly, causing surrounding people to jump.
Tony whipped around, glaring at her but she just chuckled and mouthed Hurry up!
He just turned back, listening to whatever Pepper was saying and she groaned in impatience.

She cracked open the door, and leaned out shouting "Tony- we've got places to b-" before all words fell out of her mouth and the three stared at the red-cloaked man that had literally appeared out of thin air, along with a familiar other...

"Bruce?!"

~

Aliens armies again. What kind of name is Thanos? Infinity stones. Asgard.
She was just trying to wrap her head around the Infinity Stones as she tuned back into the conversation with... the wizards?

"Hang on, who even are you again?" She asked confusedly of the two strangely dressed men,
"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange and this is W-"
SMACK
The wizard blinked, as Talia's unexpected slap to the face sent him reeling, while his friend couldn't help but snort in amusement.

"Talia?" Tony questioned in shock, fighting to hold back his smirk as he'd quickly taken a small disliking to the pompous man.

"Stephen Strange, the surgeon." She spat, by way of explanation and Tony's face relaxed into understanding, "At least it wasn't the metal hand Doc, that would've messed up your perfect hair AND your face"

"Guys please, this isn't the time- who could find Vision, and then the Mind Stone?" Bruce cut in.

Shit. 
Talia thought, quickly echoed by Tony verbally,

"Shit. ...Probably Steve Rogers."

"Call him then?" Bruce questioned obliviously.

The rest of the group winced as Tony sighed, "It's not that easy. God, we haven't caught up in a spell, have we?
The Avengers broke up. We're toast."

"Broke up? Like a band? Like The Beatles?"

"More like Oasis." Talia grumbled under her breath.

Tony glared at her, "Cap and I fell out hard. We're not on speaking terms."

"Tony, listen to me. Thor's gone." Talia's stomach dropped,
"Thanos is coming. It doesn't matter who you're talking to or not."

Tony hesitated for a moment before pulling an old flip phone out of his pocket, muttering grumpily under his breath, but as he clicked through it a strange humming noise vibrated through the air.

"Say, Doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair, would you?" He asked quizzically.

"...Not at the moment, no."

Talia looked up to see metal scraps flying by outside, they quickly exited the Sanctorium to be met by such chaos, it was like 2012 New York all over again.

"Tony, Peter has a field trip today at the MoMA." Talia panicked immediately as the huge ring-like space ship towered above them, causing damage to the city already.

"Go." was all Stark needed to say, and then she was gone, hurtling away in the sport car, dodging fleeing people and falling debris.

"Peter where are you," she yelled into the the phone as she drove furiously, "you better still be on the bus."

"Yeah, funny story about that Tal, we took a little detour, have you SEEN the aliens!!!"
He yelled excitedly, sounding suspiciously out of breath.

"Peter Parker let me pick you up, where are you, NOW"

"Ummm just passing over a little park- WOah ok that's an alien, oh hey it's Mr Stark, gotta go Talia"

She cursed in frustration as he hung up, before swinging the car round a U-turn in the street, heading downtown, switching on her earpiece connecting it to the suits.

"Kid, that's the wizard get on it." Stark instructed.

"On it!"

"What the hell is happening?!"she yelled furiously, scrambling out the car just in time to see the ugly, giant alien sent through a portal by Wong.

"Wong you're invited to my wedding." Tony quipped before blasting off, leaving Talia, Bruce and Wong stood in the small park.

She immediately dialled Tony, as the earpiece had disconnected with the distance as he chased the ship into space.

It picked up on the second ring,

"Hey Boss, ...you good?"

"Yeah, you might have to tell Pepper to push back our 8:30 reservation, don't think I'm gonna make it."

"Right," her throat caught, "I'll move it on the calendar then. Is Peter with you?"

"No he should be back in a couple of minutes, look Talia I'm gonna lose you in a sec ok-

"Ok ok- you better be back for my birthday though- I'm expecting a good present" she joked, masking her worry.

"Wouldn't miss it for the wo-"

"...Tony?"

The line went dead, and all she could do was look up at Bruce and say, "We need to make a call."

***

Quite short I'm sorry- just getting back into it and starting the next movie :)