Part 6

As Prachi entered the house, Pragya hurried towards her, followed by Saritaji and Sahana.

"Prachi, don't go anywhere without telling me, okay? My one daughter is already in the clutches of God knows who, I don't want the same fate for my other daughter too." Pragya cupped Prachi's cheeks worriedly. 

Prachi placed her hands over her mother's hands and smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry, Ma. I won't go anywhere again without telling you." Prachi smiled.

Pragya pulled her into a warm and loving embrace of a mother. As the mother and daughter reveled in their love for each other, Pragya's phone came to live, bringing them out of the embrace. Pragya picked the phone up and glanced at the screen. She looked up at Prachi, Saritaji and Sahana's curious faes and mouthed 'Vikram Kohli'. Then she answered the call.

"Yes, Mr Kohli?" Pragya answered the call.

She remained silent and listened intently for a while.

"Sure, we will be there right on time. I assure you." Pragya replied to whatever the man said from the other side.

"You too have a nice day." Pragya cut the call after ending the conversation.

"What happened, ma?" Prachi looked at her anxiously.

"Vikram ji asked us to reach the mansion before evening as your and Ranbir's mehndi and sangeet functions will be held this evening." Pragya smiled.

On one hand, she was happy for her elder daughter as she was getting married to a person like Ranbir who was the kind of son in law every mother would want for their daughter. However, on the other hand, she was worried for her younger daughter who was still in the clutches of her abductors. The two emotions – happiness and worry – were warring in her heart. However, she decided to be happy for her elder daughter as Ranbir and Prachi's wedding would automatically bring about Rhea's release. And she wouldn't be able to achieve anything by worrying about Rhea other than spoiling Prachi's happiness.

"Let's go and get ready for the function." Pragya urged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours

Pragya, Saritaji and Sahana were waiting in the living room of their house, clad in beautiful sarees and lehenga.

"Where is Prachi now?" Pragya glanced at her watch restlessly and then at the closed door of her daughter's room.

No sooner did her words came to an end than the door was unlocked and pulled azar.

The trio were mesmerized to see the exquisite beauty clad in a silvery grey lehenga with matching jewellery framed in the doorway.

As Prachi sauntered away from the door and towards them, Saritaji made a hand gesture to remove the evil eye.

"You are looking so beautiful. May God keep the evil eye away from you." Saritaji beamed.

"My princess really is looking like a princess." Pragya smiled with all the warmth and pride of a mother and cupped her cheeks.

"Thank you, Ma, Saritaji." Prachi smiled.

"Shall we leave now?" Pragya asked.

"Okay." Prachi smiled.

Sahana who had held back, edged closer to Prachi as they followed Pragya and Saritaji out of the house.

"Haye! Ranbir ji – ja – ji is already crazy for you. Today he will cross all limits of craziness when he will see you." Sahana teased.