C~11: Coda

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."

~Jimmy Johnson

Opening the door for Sammy, I peer in, seeing the piano was directly across from the front door. He must have seen everything. He rolls the toy train across the air in one hand and holds my pin the other while he sets them both down on top of the piano.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Rossi asks Liz as they come in behind us, "On his 5th birthday."

At this, I look up, Sammy was 10 "5 Years?"

"Charlie and I had a fight." she tries. "It got ugly. I haven't seen either one of them since," she speaks as Spencer sets his bag down, stepping past me. "Sammy, would it be alright if I sat here?"

Sammy slightly nods, allowing Spencer to sit, staring at the piano to Sammy Spencer plays a lower scale. After a second, Sammy continues the higher part of the scale.

Letting a smile grow, I joke, "Woah, Sammy, you've been holding out on us."

Spencer plays the scales down, promoting Rossi, "I didn't know you could play, Reid."

He shakes his head. "I can't. Well, I never have before, but it's essentially all math." with this, Spencer tests something. "Sammy, how about you play this note."

Bing!

A higher note.

"For yes...and this note."

Bhum!

A lower note.

"For no." Spencer finishes, "Does that sound like something you could do?"

Without looking, Sammy taps on the yes, causing my grin to widen. "Just like that." I speak, moving to stand right beside the boys "Sammy." I begin slowly. "Do you remember the man when he came and took your parents?"

Sammy taps yes, beginning to tap it over and over again before his other fingers join him in playing the melody of a beautiful classical piece. His other hand reaches up to play the harmony as Spencer knits his brows together. "Sammy, I don't understand. Does this song mean something to you?"

At this, Sammy pauses, taking Spencer's hand and placing it on the keys for the harmony. Suddenly he reaches across Spencer for my hand, tugging me forward. "Woah, Sammy."

My left hand bangs the keys making an awful note as I try to steady myself. As I'm lent across Spencer, Sammy places my hand to the lower part of the harmony waiting for me to sit. Scouting back a bit, Spencer makes way for my legs. "Here just-"

"I'll just-"

With a final sharp tug, clearly wanting me to sit, I land on Spencer's lap, causing Rossi to chuckle a bit. Laughing a bit, Spencer loops his free arm around me so I don't fall forward. "You okay?"

Placing my free hand over his arm, I nod, crossing my legs to the side around his left ankle. "Don't drop me." I giggle as Sammy places my fingers before beginning the melody himself.

Spencer joins in with the higher part of the harmony quickly. I watch his fingers letting out a sharp breath trying to copy it only for a terrible tone to sound "Sorry." I bite my lip. "The only instrument I can really play is the harmonica."

"Here," Spencer says, pushing me further back on his lap so I wouldn't fall when he takes his hand away to place over mine. Sealed between Spencer's arms, he pushes my fingers on the correct keys in time with Sammy and his other hand.