Chapter 3: Miki, Sayaka

Homura left Kyoko after they'd finished off the Esurientes. She intended to finish her chat with Pia, but it wasn't meant to be. The girl had left. Homura would never show how anxious this made her.

Pia was going to see Madoka. It was late, but she was sure it wouldn't matter. Soon Pia Undo stood outside Madoka's front door. The rest of the Kaname family was asleep. Pia closed her eyes. "Madoka? Are you still up?" It took a minute, but the door opened. Madoka poked her head out. She'd been crying. Madoka quietly led Pia up to her room. Pia noticed that Madoka had put on some weight.

Pia sat on Madoka's bed with her. "Do you regret it?" Pia asked.

Madoka fidgeted with her fingers. "A little...if I'm being honest. I didn't think I looked very pretty before...but now.." The girl's eyes teared up. "It'll be worth it if I can protect my friends, right?"

"I'd like to think so," Pia said. Then the two girls sensed it. Homura was near. Pia looked at Madoka, who was clearly spent.

"Homura...She's going to be really angry," Madoka said.

"Stay here," Pia suggested, "I'll go talk to her."

"A-Are you sure...I'm sorry for the trouble.."

Pia gently took her arm. "Thank you for taking care of me, Madoka. You've been through a lot; you should get some rest, okay?"

Madoka nodded with her sad eyes and chubby cheeks, then hugged Pia without warning. Pia patted her head.

---

"What are your intentions with Madoka?" Homura asked.

"My only intention is to figure out why I was brought here, and how to get back. Apart from that, Madoka seems to be in a tough spot--I don't mind helping her," Pia answered.

Homura stood still, trying to deduce this new anomaly. "Tell me...what is an Executioner?"

Pia thought about it. "I think my memory is being blocked. A rule of time, I suppose...From what I can recall, an Executioner is a warrior. That's the only thing I'm sure of. It's how I learned my name."

"Do you intend to make a contract?" Homura asked.

"Yes, Pia Undo, the prospect of your contract is most promising," Kyubey said from underneath a park bench.

Homura's jaw tensed. "Leave now you wretched creature," she ordered.

"I'm not here for you, Homura Akemi, this between-"

Homura touched the mechanical shield on her left wrist and all time froze in place. The raven-haired girl narrowed her eyes at Kyubey. She casually walked over to the white feline creature. Homura produced a Desert Eagle from her magical shield. She cocked the weapon and pointed it at Kyubey's face, puncturing him six times. When Homura touched the shield again, Kyubey's vessel was dead. Turned to swiss cheese.

Pia was wide-eyed. It was an amazing technique. "Y-You killed Kyubey."

"Kyubey cannot die," Homura corrected. "He'll return before long. I can't force you not to make a contract with him, but I wouldn't advise it. I'll be going now."

"Homura, wait! I have a question for you," Pia called.

Homura continued walking away slowly.

"These wishes we make, to become Cibus! They're not bound by time, are they!?"

Homura stopped. "...No. Our wishes are not bound by time." And she disappeared into the dark of early morning.

Pia decided she would wait for Kyubey.