CHAPTER 6

DUKE ROWAN was just waiting for that one signal that Tori would give. But the latter was busy staring at the second prince. Her red eyes shone wickedly to match the glaring golden eyes of the second prince.

Do you want to test my power, Prince Corean?

Tori tapped her wrist in front of the second prince to show him that time was ticking as they were dumbly staring at each other.

His prideful golden eyes shifted to Tessa who was busy enduring the public shame that Tori once faced. His hard exterior cracked as he assessed the gravity of the situation. Prince Corean slowly turned to Tori much to his dismay. He once vowed he would never ask for her help but looking at this situation changed everything.

The sullen look of the second prince caused Tori to smile triumphantly. But before she stood, Tori met Duke Rowan's pair of cobalt eyes.

You are now bound to me, my dear Cory.

With just one nod, Rowan whispered to the chancellor the words that Tori asked him to say. "The second prince and the accused needs to talk privately. Give us half an hour."

Since it was the right of the accused to seek counsel, the chancellor agreed immediately. "By the request of the accused to seek noble councel, we will give her half-hour of respite!"

The commoners exploded while the nobles and aristocrats whispered against each other. Amidst this chaos, Tori walked towards a private chamber that she was very familiar with. Behind her was Lily and just some steps away from them, who was busily throwing daggers at her, was the second prince and his knight, the knight that Tori once bribed. The irony.

Lily opened the familiar door and immediately prepared the tea for them. Just as Tori was about to sit, the door opened for the second prince.

"Blessings to the Empire's star, Prince Corean." Tori stood up to curtsy to the newly arrived prince. His demeanor spoke nothing but dominance.

"Let's cut all this nonsense and go straight to the point. Make that dog of yours wag his damn tail elsewhere and let Tessa go."

The demanding voice whipped Tori while it almost made Lily stopped in her tracks. She was not used to hearing someone commanding her mistress. She was so used to Lady Victoria doing the command all the time.

Tilting her head, Tori flicked her golden ringlets away from her face. "I'm here to see you beg, my dear darling prince. So beg."

"How dare you!" The knight's outburst was stopped, not by the second prince's signal, but by Tori's challenging look.

Never forget who owns you, young sir. It will be such a waste of time to pluck you.

Prince Corean saw how Tori was so confident with the outcome of the court trial. He knew how scheming the young lady was in front of him.

Tori calmly sipped her tea as she nodded towards Lily signaling the latter to leave her with the prince alone. Lily tugged the knight with her.

"Now, where were we?" Tori asked with a smile on her face as she served tea for the second prince. Tori was savoring every minute of the half-hour respite. After all, it was not her that needed this time the most but his beloved Tessa.

"Will you stop drinking your damn tea and for once listen to me?" Prince Corean's frustrated voice boomed again inside the room where Tori once spent comfortably with him a year ago during her noble trial.

"I am listening, your highness. You are not just saying the right words that I can understand."

Prince Corean's jaws clenched from Tori's obvious mockery. "What-what do I have to do?"