10

Phana: So how’s forth’s mother treating you?

Beam looked at the trio in front of him. What should he tell them? Isn’t it will be disrespectful to say that she is treating him badly? But they are forth’s friend after all. No he can’t take any chance. He don’t know these people. Who knows if they said anything to forth and it turn out bad.

“Good. She treat me good.”

Beam said with a little smile. On the other hand, phana, kit and ming looked at each other. They didn’t expect this. Forth's mother is really strict and kind of self-centered rich women and it was no secret that she despise poor people. Didn’t forth said beam came from middle class family? They were about to ask further but beam’s phone ring and he hurriedly excuse himself from them.

Beam excuse himself and went to the garden outside the room. He walked further inside not wanting anyone to listen to him after all it was call from his younger brother who is soon going to be a doctor.

He saw a bench and sit on it. He didn’t talk to anyone from his parent’s side since the day he had fight about the divorce with his dad. He picked up the phone.

“p'beam?” It was his brother. Tears filed in his eyes. He really missed him, he missed them all so much.

“Hmm”

“Didn’t you missed us, why didn’t you call us these days? “

“I missed you guys. Nong”

“You better be otherwise I would have to tell brother-in-law when he came here.”

“Hmm”

“Hyung dad wants to talk to you”

“Don’t give phone to h-“But the later has already handed his phone to his father.

“Hello.”

Beam didn’t response. HE didn’t fell like talking to his dad any time soon.

“So you still don’t want to talk to me?”

Beam’s dad sighed. It was not easy for him also. He loves beam as much as his other son’s but if beam came back with a divorce from the rich family like Jaturaphoom's. It will be really hard for him to find a good partner for his other son’s in future. People would not look at them in good way thinking they can’t handle a marriage.

“Sugar”

A tear roll down beam’s. His dad rarely called him by that name. Only when he was emotional. He wanted to talk to him but his mind was telling him not to.

“sugar, son, don’t you understand we are hurting too. You are really precious to us so as your brothers. Do you think if you come back with divorce from Jaturaphoom’s, anyone would marry your little brothers? Don’t you have any responsibility towards them?”

“S-so my everyday s-suffering is nothing to you? Y-you don’t w-want me b-back?

“I don’t mean tha-“

Before his father could complete his sentence beam cut the call. HE can’t take it anymore. Why the hell his tears can’t seems to stop no matter how hard he tried. Why it has to happen to him?  He didn’t do anything bad to anyone then why he had to suffer? He sat there crying hysterically without caring if anyone would listen to his cries. He is not in a state worry about these things.

Unaware to beam, forth was listening to beam’s cries hiding behind the tree. He followed beam the moment he excuse himself earlier. A thought of his mother calling him cross his mind so he hurriedly went after beam only to hear him talking to his brother. His heart feel some kind of unknown pain seeing beam crying. It was his first time seeing beam crying. He looks so fragile and in pain.

Taking a deep breath he came out and stand in front of beam who seems to too much absorb in his cries. He slowly went towards beam and sat beside him. To tell the truth, he don’t know what to do now. He never console someone who is crying like this. Not knowing what to do, he close the distance between them and hug beam from the side. Now forth was hugging beam who unknowingly lean in his touch.

Beam on the other hand didn’t know who the person was hugging him. But he didn’t care at that moment. He need someone to lean on. He need someone to hug and just be there for him. The person was caressing his hair and making circle on his back without uttering a word.

Forth looked at the figure in his hold. Beam’s cries reduce after few minutes but still he was sniffling. After half an hour, beam slept soundly in forth’s arm. Forth picked him up bridal style and make his way to the guest room of farmhouse. He took beam home so that he will get some rest. Maybe they should go on vacation, it will sure fill the hollowness between them, right?