chapter one

you were at the club swaying to the music in the vast sea of sweaty bodies. all the sudden you feel a wall of muscle press up against your back and strong hands with calloused fingers on your hips. you flip around to face the chocolate god pressed against you.

"so handsome... can i have a name?" you ask quirking your eyebrow. "morgan. derek morgan." he replies a smolder on his face, "and you are pretty lady?" you smirk responding, "spano. betti spano." " what a pretty name for a pretty lady." he says smiling a charming smile. "yeah yeah, i've heard that one before." you say rolling your eyes and catching him off guard. he raises his eyebrows in surprise, eyes going wide "ok ok i see. pretty lady's got sass." he says chuckling. "yeah and theres a lot more where that comes from. now if you don't mind me asking... what do you do mr.muscles?" you ask, a quizzical look in your eyes. "well if you must know, i work for the FBI" he states, a certain look in his eyes. "wooooo" you whistle lowly, "that must be tuff big guy." "yeah it can be" he says back, a smile on his face, "why don't you say we get outta here? I know a good dinner right around the corner." "you know what, that sounds amazing. i'm starving" you say, leaving the strong arms you'd been swaying in.

you head over to grab your stuff, derek following closely behind you. "you know i never got to hear what you do" derek brings up as he's walking you out, a protective hand on your lower back. "ha ok you caught me, now i must say its not as action packed as the FBI but it has its moments. i'm in interior design." you say a small smile on your face. "now that sounds interesting, you'll have to tell be about it another time." he says looking at you softly.

"you know i really don't know you all that well," you state turning the corner. "well its that what late night dinner adventures are for?" he says, that smirk you've come to enjoy on his face.

you guys finally get to the dinner and head on in, derek finds a spot, a nice booth in the corner with just the right amount of privacy. the waitress comes over and hands you guys menus stating her name, you murmur a thank you. your eyes scan the paper and decide on a bacon cheeseburger, with fries, and a vanilla milkshake. when the waitress comes back and you've both ordered you hear, "chocolate is better than vanilla." you whip your head to stare at the man sitting across from you. you chuckle,"in some cases it can be." making a show of running your eyes up and down his wonderful chocolatey body. the look you get from derek is absolutely wonderful and has you all giddy inside.

"so favorite food go," he says. "uhh, oh i got it. mashed potatoes" you reply. "ok that's one i wasn't expecting, why?" derek says. "duh cause they can go on practically anything and still be delicious," you say waving your hands dramatically(for the effect of course)"my turn now. favorite nickname?" you shoot. "well that depends on who's calling me now doesn't it?" he says a knowing look in his eyes,"i would have to say der for the special people in my life." he finally gives up. "ooh i like." "yeah yeah ok ok my turn," rolling his eyes, "whats your real name? cause i know betti's gotta be short for soemthing." "elizabeth, but its a mouthful." you state simply. "ah makes sense" "yeah thought that since i was a child" you say, sass filling your tone,"where did you grow up?" "Chicago, whats something you love to look at?"he ask a smug look on his face "the stars, i could stare at them forever." you reply,"whats your favorite pastime?" "hmm remolding the houses i own" "ooh so you're good with your hands" "that i am. dogs or cats?" "dog person. all the way" the get to know each other questions go back and forth until your food arrives at the table and you dig in. you weren't kidding, you really were starving. "woah slow down there champ, you'll get sick" "shut it der" you say giving him a look that can only be described as dont mess with me. "yes ma'am" he says, he voice getting quiet but a smile on his face.

you guys eat in silence with a few words exchanged here and there. when you've both finished and the checks been paid you give derek a good look over while he has his eyes closed. you notice the tension in his shoulders, how he needs to physically relax his jaw, he looks tired from the stress of his job, makes sense he is an FBI agent. he looks as if he just needs to be taken care of.

"hey," you say quietly as to not scare him,"if you're not doing anything tomorrow why don't you spend the night at my apartment. have some good old fashioned company." "yeah that... that would be nice" he says quietly. you could tell he needed this. he seemed so tired and so vulnerable, something your emotions wouldn't let slide. you maneuver out of the booth and throw on your coat. you walk to his side, take his hand, and lead him back to where you parked earlier in the evening. once you get to the car you guide him to the passengers side and help him into the seat. once he's all set you move around to the drivers side and hop in. you get all settled and start the short drive to your apartment.

once you arrive you park the car, hop out, get derek, and head up to your apartment. "i've got some clothes you could borrow to sleep in," you say to him, your voice gentle. "mmh thanks" is his only reply. once you get inside and lead him to the bed room you get another good look at him. he just looks so tired you think to yourself, i wish i could do something to help him. you grab clothes for you and him, hand him his and go to the bathroom to change.

when you come back you realize he hadn't changed yet. "hey baby you can get changed now" you speak gently to him. that seems to spur him into action, huh i guess he can be a sub in the bedroom, once he's all changed you help him clim into bed and get in yourself. you lay down on your back and pull him partially onto your chest. you slowly run your fingers up and down his back while humming a lullaby. soon enough when his breathing has evened out and he's letting out little snores you whisper to him "i want to help you, i really do" and fall asleep yourself.