Epilogue.

══════════════════

══════════════════

T H R E E    M O N T H S    L A T E R   -   J U N E    3 R D    2 0 2 0

══════════════════

Georgina would've been nineteen years old today, and the realisation sits around all of us like the stench of gone-offfood in the back of the fridge. She would've been off to veterinary school and following her dreams.

But the knowledge flies between us as we all sit down to have the picnic for Georgina's birthday that had she not died, well, who knows where we would all be. Gabriel could've gone to a different home, I could have not met Nick. If none of that had happened, we wouldn't be here right now.

"It's your auntie's birthday today, Mini Nick! Auntie Georgina. She loved daisies, just like your mummy! Yes, she did!" Nick finishes his gush with a kiss into the little bump that's popped out of nowhere.

"Cake!" Gabriel chimes in, his little toddler hands covered in chocolate cake where he sits between Hannah and Neil.

I chuckle. As he gets older, he only looks like Joel more and more, but the more time passes, the easier this gets.

"So... we have a gift for you. Well, a gift for each of you," Nick announces to his parents and my dad. The three of them look at us both with hope – Hannah especially knows what's coming.

Nick passes Hannah an envelope, and then one to my dad. I watch Hannah and Dad open their respective envelopes and take out a copy of the twelve-week scan each.

I grin at Nick as they fawn over the blurry white and black pictures.

"Is this... our grandchild?" Hannah cries, a smile overtaking her face.

I nod. "We don't know the sex yet, but everything seems perfect so far!"

"It's gonna be a Mini-Nick," Nick adds.

I roll my eyes with a smirk.

My dad chokes up and grins. "This is amazing!"

"I... I haven't even spoken to Nick about this yet, but I have something I wanna say," I announce.

"What is it, my daisy?" Nick asks.

I pick a daisy from below me and hand it to Nick before I say, "Well, I thought about it, and I was thinking about Georgina, as it would've been her birthday and all. I think she would be an amazing aunt. If the baby is a girl, what about Daisy Georgina Knight, or maybe Georgina Daisy Knight. Whichever you prefer."

Hannah chokes on a cry in the background. Right now, my eyes stay firmly on Nick as he takes it in.

"How touching," Dad whispers.