Chapter Five

"So, your idiot of a brother got himself trapped inside the tomb with Katherine..."

"Yeah and unfortunately BonBon doesn't have enough witchy ju-ju to get him out"

I paced around my room, currently on the phone with Elena's second love interest, Damon.

"And the whole reason it happened was because Jeremy went in there alone to get the moonstone, to save Bonnie from hurting herself by using too much magic"
I deduced,

"In a roundabout way, yes, although I could've killed him myself, because now Stefan is stuck in there with that doppelwench"

I sighed and collapsed on my bed, the Salvatore brothers were gonna be the death of me one day.

"Well, thanks for calling. Why did you call anyways? You didn't have to tell me anything"

"You threatened me once that if I didn't keep you in the loop, you would put wood splinters in my drinks for a week"

Oh yeah, I have forgotten about that. Heh, good times.

"Well talk to you later I guess"
I said, and ended the call.

Getting into my bed, I settled in for a night of fanfiction and Sherlock, when I heard banging on Jeremy's door a few feet away from mine.

Poking my head out of the door, I see Elena talking very nervously to Jeremy, while Elijah motions for her to be quiet behind her.

Jeremy leaves to help Jenna, and Elena goes to her room with Elijah following close behind. He stops suddenly, looks at me, and motions that I should go in there with them probably 'have a talk'.

I shake my head no, and try to close my door, but a very fancy dress shoe stops it from closing all the way. I sigh and open the door.

"Ashley, your presence is needed in Elena's bedroom for a little chat"
He says, leaning against the doorframe, a hand in the pocket of his very fashionable suit.

"Yeah well, my presence is also needed in my bed, you hear that?"
I put a hand to my ear as if I'm listening to something,

"That's the sound of my bed calling me, so I guess my schedule is previously occupied, so good night and farewell to you"

I again try to close the door, but this time Elijah stops it with his hand. He looks slightly amused, but also impatient at the same time.

"I'm afraid it wasn't a request, there are many things we have to discuss with your sister"

I sigh again,
"You're really pulling the a thousand year old vampire rank on me? Fine."

I shut the door behind me and very reluctantly follow Elijah into Elena's room.
Flopping on Elena's bed, I splay out and took interest in the ceiling, not really bothering to listen in on the conversation.

"What do you want?"
Elena asked fearfully,

"I want you to stop trying to get yourself killed"
He replied, leaning against the windowsill.

I snort,
"Good luck with that"

He glances with amusement on his face. Elijah and Elena continue talking while I mostly zone out, after a life of living with my sister, her whiny voice gets annoying pretty fast.

"So, I stop trying surrender myself to Klaus, and you protect my friends and family?"
She said, pacing around the room,

"That's correct, although I want to hear Ashley's say in this"
He replied, looking at me, I sit up on the bed and bring my knees to my chest.