Wattpad Original

Original Edition: Bonus Chapter: // SEEKING THRILLS//

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

*****************************************

She gripped the flaming torch in her hand, looking up into the starry night

She gripped the flaming torch in her hand, looking up into the starry night. Her heart was beating erratically, and she knew that if she looked down for even a split second, she'd be hit with vertigo, paralysed by the sudden realisation that she was standing on the precipice of a cliff. She briefly wondered if her bravado would be the thing that killed her. Maybe she had a death wish; she'd been close enough before, except it was a slow crawl, an omission of survival. This would be instant. As she felt sweat trickle down the side of her face from the heat of the torch, the sound of the megaphone on the banks of the lake shook her out of her trance.

"Player number thirty-one! Welcome to the game," yelled Diggin Rodgers, the emcee of the string of challenges that was set to shake up this small Texas town for its seventh consecutive summer. She was suddenly aware of the throng of kids providing her with undivided attention, and for a fleeting moment, all she cared about was whether her swimsuit was flattering. Even in the obscurity of the night where the only sources of light were from bonfires and torches, she was still painfully self-conscious. But it was a feat in itself for her to even allow herself the experience of wearing nothing but swimwear in front of her cohort of former classmates. She had to remind herself that. "Please, announce your name and the school that you graduated from." Diggin requested.

"My name... is Haley. Fawcett. I went to Carp West." She shouted into the night, still avoiding looking down into the water that she'd soon submerge herself in. That was if she made it into the water at all, and didn't slip and fall into the craggy rocks at the base of the cliff, breaking every bone in her body and rupturing her internal organs.

It was not even twelve hours ago when Haley had gotten into an argument with her girlfriend about Panic. Izzy was unshakeably adamant that it was a stupid and dangerous game for kids who had nothing to live for after high school. It was for the desperate ones who were willing to live life on the edge for the slice of a chance at winning $50,000.