CHAPTER: 52| BETWEEN US (PART-2)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT TO THANK EACH ONE OF YOU READING THIS BOOK. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!

*Unedited*

**************************************************************

Laiba was having a bad feeling about this 'talk' Aariz wanted to have.

She remembered the conversation she had with Burhaan at Rehaan's earlier that night.

Zeeshan went MIA at the party and according to him, he was in trouble and Aariz texted her saying that he had to take care of something.

And now he tells her they need to talk????

What were the odds that it was about Zeeshan???

And what good had ever occurred to her when it was about Zeeshan?

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Laiba didn't had the time to reach out and grab her hijab from the hanger because Aariz was already inside, shutting the door behind him.

He dropped his shoes by the door and shrugged his jacket off. He moved to the coffee table and emptied his pockets, leaving his keys, his wallet and his cellphone on the table before plopping himself down on the couch.

Laiba stood in her flip flops, clad in her favourite We Bare Bear pyjamas, her hair freely falling on her shoulders, watching Aariz rest his head on the headrest and stare at the ceiling.

Her eyes traveled down his body, her cheeks heating as she recalled their last interaction.

Aariz must have felt her eyes on him because he lowered his chin to look at her.

And when he saw her, he said the first thing that came to his mind.

"You are not wearing your hijab."

Now that he mentioned it, she felt exposed.

Laiba was more than aware that she was not covering and yes, she was feeling extremely shy right then but he was her husband and she wanted to normalise it with him.

She tugged a lock of hair behind her ears, "I know." She looked away, escaping his gaze.

His eyes lingered on her for a moment and then he waved a hand towards the empty single sofa adjacent to the couch, "Come, sit." He offered, "You and I, need to talk." He said as if it was something they did everyday.

Laiba slowly nodded her head, went over there and lowered herself on the sofa.

Seconds ticked by and he didn't say a word.

And when the silence felt too much, she decided to initiate the 'talk' herself.

"What is it?" She urged, anxiously.

Aariz inhaled a sharp breathe, "I need to know something from you." He dropped an open statement.

No hesitation.