CHAPTER: 14 | WRONG IMPRESSIONS (PART-2)

AASSSALLAMUALAIKUM!!!!!!!

Unedited chapter*

**************************************************
Pain, but I won't let it turn into, hate
No, I won't let it change me.
You can't take my youth away,
This soul of mine will never break.
As long as I wake up today,
You can't take my youth away.

Shawn Mendes's voice, coming from the colossal music system, was filling up the entire chamber, dancing with the eerie silence while everything else in the room was still, quiet, untouched, clean and neat. It was a minimalistic bedroom accommodating a humongous master bed, two night lamps standing tall against either corners of the walls, thick grey curtains drawn over the floor to ceiling glass windows, grey rags covering the pearl white marble floor, a grey stuffed chaise-lounge facing the huge balcony, a tiny black enamelled night stand at the corner and a twin book stand adjacent to it. The night lamps were the only thing in the room that were lit, fighting against the darkness and music against silence whereas the LCD propped across the wall was power on and left on mute.

The bathroom slid opened, revealing freshly showered Aariz in a lose white t-shirt, thrown over a pair of khaki shorts, towel drying his hairs roughly as he stepped into the room, closing the bathroom behind him. Deciding to take a nap, he hurled the wet towel carelessly across the bed and turned off the music. He plopped himself on the chaise lounge with his legs stretched in front of him, his ankles crossed, his hands folded against his chest and his head titled to the side while he shut his eyes, trying to sleep.

Not even a minute after, the cellphone, sitting on the black enamelled, shiny night stand, started ringing, disturbing his sweet sleep. Aariz groaned as he rolled off the chaise lounge languidly and made his way towards the night stand like a zombie. He grabbed the cellphone and growled again when he saw the caller ID. He picked the call, nonetheless.

"Bark." He spoke in a bored tone, dropping himself on the extravagant, plushy bed.

'What's wrong with you, Aariz? What happens to you all of a sudden?' Zeeshan's furious voice came from the other side, making him roll his eyes.

Aariz scowled and chose not to reply, running his hands up and down his face. Urooba had telephoned and complained about what had happened at the stores before he had even reached home and since he had arrived home, every single person had being going on about the same thing and he was genuinely getting pissed about it right then.

And Zeeshan here was continuously rattling off on the phone like a mad person, 'I give you one responsibility and you couldn't even to do? What the hell befell on you that you had to abandon them in the middle of the streets like that. If you really had to go, you would have at-least called up Burhan. He would have dropped her in the Ahmed Residence, Riz. Heck! If it was just Urooba, it wouldn't have mattered much. They know you and they are used to your mood-swings but that was not the case, Laiba was with her, Aariz. What would she be thinking of you?'

Aariz scowled at the comment, "Should I care?" He raised his eyebrows, questioningly.

'The hell you should, Riz.' His comment seemed to have hit his nerve, 'She isn't somebody you can treat however you want. She is going to be a part of OUR family. You better be behaving good with her and you better be apologising for what you did the next time you meet her."

He snorted, "And you better be kidding me, Zee." He stated, calmly examining his nails.

Zeeshan sighed loudly, exasperated and annoyed with him. 'I'm done with you, dude.' With that, he hung up the call.