²⁵ Save Him

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁵ - sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ

❛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ...ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ❜

"I didn't think anything of it at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at the Day Of The Dead."

It was early in the morning when Mike called Max and Ven telling them to come over because it was urgent.

So the party--minus Dustin since no one could find him-- were sat around in the basement, Ven sitting next to Max while Lucas stood next to the couch they were on, his arms crossed.

"Power went out that night too," Mike said, remembering when all the power went out all over Hawkins.

Will nodded, "Then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday at Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asked, her hand subconsciously reaching out for Ven's.

"It's almost like...you know when you drop on a roller coaster?"

Everyone in the room nodded while El and Ven shook their heads, Ven's hand linking with Max's.

"It's like...everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse. Your body...it goes cold...an-and you can't breathe."

Ven winced as the feeling set in, Will looking at the boy appreciatively when he felt Ven calm him from reliving it.

"I've felt it before, whenever he was close." Will swallowed, remembering the times he could feel the shadow monster around, lingering, watching.

"When who was close?" Max questioned.

"The mind flayer," Ven said, seeing Will too lost in his mind to speak.

"I closed the gate," Eleven stated.

Will looked at Ven pleadingly.

"You did but...what if when you closed the gate, you trapped it out here with us?" Ven repeated what Will was thinking, sending the boy a soft smile.

Will grabbed a piece of paper and old black charcoal, walking towards the small table the group following.

"This is him. All of him. But that day on the field a part of him attached itself to me." Will drew frantically a big black circle with legs coming out.