⁰⁴ Radio Frequency

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁴ - ɴᴇᴡ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs

❛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ, ᴅɪᴄᴋғᴀᴄᴇ.❜

Sadness. It was blinding the boy's senses. It wasn't his feelings he was feeling, he just felt the emotions seeping off Mike, who was silently looking through drawings Will had drawn him.

It had only been a few hours since the finding of Will Byers' body, and the sadness that was mentioned was heightened to something Ven had never felt before.

The small boy sat in the fort, El next to him. He was staring into space, the headphones at full blast since all the depressing thoughts in the house was killing his vibe right now.

Eleven was flipping through channels on the supercomm, the annoying static sound filling the room, it wasn't loud but it was just the right volume to make anyone lose their mind.

"Would you stop that!" Mike snapped, dropping the papers onto his lap as he looked towards the girl unimpressed.

El turned the thing off, the room becoming silent.

Seven looked up from the ground, seeing Mike and Eleven both looking at each other, growing confused, the boy took the headphones off, and it was starting to become a routine, but the boy flinches when the voices came rushing to him.

Eleven stopped her staring contest with Mike, glancing at the smaller boy next to her before turning the walkie talkie on again, making the static crackle once again.

"Are you deaf?"

The boy in the fort glared at Mike to stop, but the raven-haired boy didn't, though he could feel the piercing stare.

"I thought we were friends, you know? But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other."

'We didn't lie dickface...' Ven thought, narrowing his eyes at Mike who didn't spare him a glance.

"You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't."

Eleven frowned but continued fiddling with the supercomm, becoming more and more determined with every spiteful word falling from Mike's mouth.

"You hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks."

Seven furrowed his brows, looking towards Eleven and glancing at the device in her hands.