7

"The princess closed her eyes and bent down to kiss the frog. Suddenly light erupted everywhere and the tiny little frog was nowhere to be seen! Instead, a handsome prince stood where the frog was. He looked down at the shocked princess and it was love at first sight. The prince and princess immediately fell in love and lived happily ever after. The end."

You let out a sigh closing the book swiftly.

"Miss y/n, what did the prince look like?" One of the girls asked.

"Hmm good question, I think the prince had spikey blonde hair and piercing red eyes. He was tall and very very handsome."

"Uwaaa!! I want to kiss a frog and have a prince like that too!" One of them squealed.

"No! I want a prince with green eyes!" Another one screamed.

The kids started saying what type of frog they should kiss to get a prince. You held a silly smile on your face. If only life worked like that.

"Okay that's enough imagination don't go kissing frogs." Misaki said to the kids. You frowned at her but decided to not say anything since she was actually right.

The bell rang signalling that your time with the kids was over. You let out a sigh and  got up from the chair.

You and Misaki started clearing the mess for the next batch to come. Both of you kept your distance. As you finished, you looked at her as she was putting the princess and the frog

"Hey.. Misaki.. " She looked at you.

"We.. I.." You took a deep breath.

"Look I don't like the way things are between us. I don't know why you are being so.. Distant... Even if it was for an hour. It feels horrible. So will you please tell me what's going on?

She let out a sigh and walked towards you. Her eyebrows were creased. She was quite as she formed words. "I'm sorry for doing that. It's just I felt scared that I was going to lose someone I love and I acted without thoughts. It was very rude of me. Will you forgive me?" She held your hands in hers.

"So you thought that I was going to steal Usui from you?" You asked with a chuckle. "Misaki. I think it's time you confess back to him. I know he loves you with all his heart. And your so strong at everything but you become so insecure when it comes to loving someone. I don't know what your history is with Hinata. But if you truly love Usui, it's better to do it before it's too late." You said talking in a deep breath after that. What did you expect? It was going down like this one day. Still.. All the preparations you did to move one seemed to crumble.

"That's the thing y/n. I kind of like Hinata too.. That's why I'm not taking any big steps until I figure out who I want to be with."

“CHOOSE HINATA“ was what you wanted to scream at her. But you knew he'd never be the one for her. She was your best friend. You couldn't throw her in the dirt like that. And.. It's not like Usui even likes you. He'd be heartbroken if Misaki went out with Hinata.

You exhaled the breathe you had been holding and tightened your grip on her hands. Not too hard but enough to show you were serious. "Alright.. I know you are clever and will choose the right one for yourself. Just.. For my sake, please do it today. I know its rushed but please think about the boys feelings too. One of them will be leaving with a broken heart one day so please think wisely. Okay?" She looked at you deciding and then smiled and nodded.

"I guess I was too selfish and only thought about me. Fine. Today is the day." She squeezed your hand back. She looked so happy while you felt another piece of your heart break off. You smiled back at her wishing her luck. A bit of relief washed on you after solving things with her. But you can't lie that it still hurts.

He's just a crush. Crushes aren't meant to be taken that seriously isn't it? You were never too serious in your past crushes.. So why him?

Misaki grabbed you and pulled you with her since it was both of your shift in 20 minutes. You watched as she kept smiling. Why was she so lucky? She's so beautiful and independent. Having two great guys liking her. She is the president of the school council too. Good grades all the time. Why would anyone like you when they can have someone like misaki.

Maybe the one for you wasn't going to appear right now. You still had a long way to go. But the thought of the right one immediately changes to an image of Usui. Speaking of the devil, you saw him walking towards your direction.

You decided to avoid him just for a bit before you finally feel like you've moved on. But as you passed by him your eyes seemed to meet his. It was just for a second, a quick glimpse, but damn, he's eyes were so beautiful and green.

Suddenly misaki stopped and tightened her grasp. "I'm going to do it today. Thank you Y/n." You looked at her a bit stunned. She turned and called usui who turned his back to face the both of you. She walked closer to him while you stood there knees already feeling weak. You didn't expect her to do it so suddenly, so fast. You held your breathe and watched her as she started speak. You didn't hear what she said but she seemed flushed.

 You didn't hear what she said but she seemed flushed

Usui held a confused face as he listened to her.

The suspence was killing you

The suspence was killing you. Fortunately it ended abruptly and she walked back to you and pulled you along with her fast walking out of the school.

You stayed quiet for a bit still processing what just happened. " I asked him to meet me at the maid cafe tonight."

"Oh..Good luck then, not that you need it."