12

"Taka-kun! No drawing on the walls!" You held the squirming toddler in your arms.

"But nii-san!" He whined.

"I said no."

"But-"

"No."

You could see the bubble about to burst as he took in a sharp breath and started to cry loudly as he flayed his arms everywhere.

You felt exhausted as you tried to make him feel better. Him and another toddler named kotaro had just enrolled two days ago. Their elder brothers had just found out about the babysitting club and were more than glad to drop them off.

You looked over misaki who was reading a picture book to kotaro. You sighed in jealousy at how easy it was for her. Kotaro was the absolute opposite off the now crying toddler.

"Ne taka-kun, I know a game we can play."

He stopped crying to look at you with puffy red eyes and snot trailing down his nose.

"Why don't we play 'save the princess’."

You wiped his face with a wet wipe as you tell him the rules. It was pretty simple, just saving the princess from a locked tower.

"Can I be the knight?" He asked.

You grinned.

"We have to make you the knight." You giggled, misaki rolling her eyes at you.

"I hereby dub thee, knight of candyland!" You exclaimed tapping the small purple sword on both his shoulders.

"You shall take this sword, forged in the most rare and powerful jawbreakers, fight the angry gummy dragon, and save the maiden who is locked up in the deep dark chocolate castle!"

Taka's eyes shone as he was handed his very own sword.

"Go my knight!" You ordered

You laughed when taka made kotaro his horse. He roared at the gummy dragon as if challenging him.

You stood behind him taking a video of taka's victory as he bit into the gummy.

The cardboard castle somehow managing to be intact as he wrestled the big gummy dragon.

Once the enemy was down, taka wiped his forehead and and tried to push off the sugar that stuck onto his cardboard suit of armor.

He headed immediately still chomping on the gummy bits he salvaged, and opened the door revealing "the princess of Nutellasburg" aka another toddler who has a sister in the same grade as you.

Misaki joining you, watching as you ended the video as the bell rang.you got up to clean the sugary mess while misaki  gave a wet towel for taka kun to wipe. As you went to pick up the cardboard pieces, you found kotaro helping you to that. Your internally squealed at how cute and hardworking he is.