Night School I

"So why was your brother pelting Scott with lacrosse balls on the field?" Isaac questioned while taking a handful of fries.

Stiles was upset with Scott for 1. practically ignoring him while skipping school with Allison yesterday and 2. Noah Stilinski got hurt at the parent teacher conferences when a mountain lion set off chaos in the parking lot - which Stiles blames Scott for.

Maeve wasn't necessarily mad at Scott, but since Stiles was giving him the silent treatment she had to brush off the werewolf as well - its apart of their twin pack.

"Oh um he was mad at Scott for something and that's how they agreed to handle it," she avoided eye contact with the blonde, not that she was lying, but it definitely wasn't the entire truth.

Scott wanted to learn control so he could go out with Allison and Stiles wanted to test out the theory of his shifting coinciding with the rising of his heartbeat, hence pelting lacrosse balls at him. Maeve followed out to join them, but Isaac went out to the field to ask if she'd want to study during free period since she missed class the day before and saw the fiasco. 

"You've got some weird people in your life Maeve Stilinski," he laughed while looking at the chemistry textbook in front of him.

Maeve sipped on her milkshake while looking at the worksheet they'd been working on, muttering to herself, "you have no idea."

The two teenagers sat in the booth for awhile, conversing on chemistry problems, laughing at jokes and rumors that were going around school, and eating their food when they weren't stealing cheeky glances at one another. 

"We should probably get going before I order another round of fries," Maeve sighed while shutting her textbook, "or another milkshake."

The blonde smiled as she grabbed the last few fries in the basket, "What's wrong with more fries?"

"Fries my dear Isaac, are never wrong, but 3 baskets of fries, two milkshakes, and a burger, now that is wrong," the brunette got the attention of the waitress.

Their waitress for the past three to four hours, Karly, came over with a bright smile, "Another round of fries for you two?" 

"As tempting as it sounds," Maeve looked at the empty plate disappointed, "I think we're going to just take the check," she handed over her credit card.

"I could've paid, I mean I asked if you wanted to come here so I shou-" Isaac stammered somewhat embarrassed.

Maeve placed her hand over Isaac's across the table, "Isaac, I had three times as much compared to you, it's fine. Besides I've got that big babysitting and lifeguarding money from this summer still sitting around - picking up dust," she exaggerated the last part in order to get a smile from his blue eyes - which she did.

When Karly came back with her card the two got up and left the diner, climbing into Isaac's father's old car. They argued over which radio station to pick for a few minutes has he drove in the direction of the Stilinski household, Maeve winning.

She was just talking about the superiority of the Spice Girls compared to NYSNC when her phone chimed.

Stiles: We need you to get to the school. Now. Like right now.

Maeve: Why? It's going to be closed by now.

Stiles: Oh my god Maeve just get here and SOON

Her hazel eyes practically rolled to the back of her head as she let out a frustrated huff of air, Maeve just wanted a normal Friday night.

"Everything okay?" Isaac asked as he saw her from the corner of his eye.