Wolf's Bane

"Stiles?" Maeve called out as she left her room, using a towel to dry her hair, "Danny texted me, he'll be over in 10. Are you excited? Stiles Stilinski first line on tonight's lacrosse game..." she trailed off as her eyes met those of Derek Hale's as she entered her twin's room, "Why is he here?"

Stiles only glanced at his sister as he did homework on his laptop, "Alpha stuff, we're waiting for Danny."

"Danny?" she questioned while sitting on the edge of his bed as her mind racked together what they meant, "You're gonna have him trace the text aren't you?"

Both twin's didn't pay attention to Derek's confusion on how Maeve put that together - a twin thing - while Stiles hummed, used to his sister putting his ideas together on her own, "Did you found out what's Allison's necklace has to do with all of this?"

"Not exactly sure," Stiles replied as his tapped his finger to his chin, "Scott's in the process of stealing it from her room as we speak."

Maeve dropped the towel in her hand on her lap, an alarmed look lacing her eyes, "He's stealing it? Why?"

"Apparently he failed to get it from her earlier," Derek answer her with a snarky tone.

"You know if the plan was to get a hold of it I could've just asked her for it," the brunette pointed out.

Stiles finally spun around to face the two, a grim look upon his face a he looked at Maeve, "I suggested it after he failed to talk to her first period, but Scott insisted not to bother you with it..so if you'd like to explain that then I'd like to know what's going on there." 

Maeve stayed silent, her migraine had dulled to a headache, but the fact was she didn't like being mad at people. Not at her friends and not at Scott, yet she knew that she had to hold people accountable for their actions - she couldn't let her kindness and understanding make her pushover for those she cares about.

"Not that I really care, but what did he do to you?" Derek questioned without looking up from the dictionary in his lap.

"He kissed her, then he kissed her best friend," Stiles interjected as he spun back around to attend to what was on his laptop.

This made Derek look up from his dictionary with raised eyebrows, turning to Maeve for confirmation, her silence being just that as she picked at the baby blue nail polish on her fingers.

"It not just that," she mumbled as her lungs took in a deep breath of air, "Lately he's just been acting more idiotic than normal and it's getting frustrating."

"Everything frustrates her lately," Stiles quipped in, earning daggers from his twin .

"Well the migraine I've had over a week hasn't been helpful," she muttered before sighing at her own tone, "Sorry, I don't mean to sound like bitch."

Derek looked her over in perplexity, "I thought the EMT said you didn't have a concussion?"

"Yeah so did I," she sneered while still picking at her nail polish.

The werewolf examined her carefully, her chemosignals seemed to be moving in multitude of direction, almost as if entangled in a knot, something he had never sensed from someone. He was going to press more on the matter but the doorbell cut his thoughts off.

...

"You want me to do what?" Danny questioned as he stood next to Stiles' desk.

"Trace a text."

"I came here to do lab work. That's what lab partners do," the goalie argued in annoyance.

"And we will, once you trace the text," the twin reasoned back, eying Maeve for help.