Chapter-12

Edited

I was a bit afraid since it was still broad daylight but if I were to conduct a night robbery it would be harder since the night guards are much more alert than the day guards.

"We are gonna conduct a daylight robbery.....get that?" Reebell said wiggling his eyebrows and I just shook my head.

I put the items that I thought might be useful like a rope, a mask, pair of gloves, a candle, a matchbox and a knife (just in case) into a bag. 

"What makes you sure that we robbing the royal treasury would be that easy?"

"It is not easy. Only the king and the people with special permission can enter the barrier around the treasury." He said contemplating something. I looked at him with a 'are you kidding me look'.

"But let's not forget the fact that I am invisible and that the barrier holds nothing against you." He said hurriedly.

"Would they not know that someone stole the amplifier?" 

"That amplifier had been hidden away from the world for 627 years. If people knew of its existence a war would break out for its possession. It's highly possible that the king himself doesn't know where it's hidden." I stopped my movements.

"If even the king doesn't know of its existence how am I supposed to know where to find it?" 

"With the help of that." He said pointing to the blue healing crystal. "Besides being a healer it can also sense other objects that contain the power of God. Since the mana amplifier is an object given by gods to the first emperor, the crystal will start to glow when you come near it. The more the glow the closer you are." 

"Hmmm...." I nodded. At least Reebell thought it through.

Since I already told Vera not to disturb me for today, so everything's set. I used the secret door to go outside. While on my way I saw delicious foods being cooked on the stalls and I remembered that I had not eaten but I was so nervous that if I ate anything I would puke it out.

When we came up to the palace we decided to ignore the main gate since it was heavily guarded. There was a sidewall around the palace that had only two guards roaming around now and then. 

"Go inside to check the area." I whispered to reebell while setting myself up to climb the wall. It was a brick wall and had many grooves for me to climb

"There is a guard at some distance but he is facing away. We would be safe if you don't make any noise." I put on my gloves and started climbing. My stealth skills from my last life were coming very handy. It was one of the many things that Victor (Brother from past life) taught me. 

I slowly reached the top and started climbing back down on the other side. After reaching a safe distance from the ground, I jumped on the grass, my feet not making a sound.

On the sound of the slight crunching of dried leaves coming from somewhere close, I quickly ran towards a building that did not look very well maintained. It looked like this place had not taken care of and was about to fall down any second. I entered the building slowly and sighed in relief when I heard no one. 

I climbed to the top floor and entered a room that looked like a bedroom. 

It looks old but it still looks like someone is using this building. I climbed on the bed since it was near the window and looked outside. 

"Look what I found." Reebell said showing me a pair of old-style binoculars. 

"Why are you snooping around in someone else's room?"