I'm not trapped in here with you. You are trapped in here with Maple

A/N: Never ended up posting the skill data for [Tail Whip], so here you go.

[Tail Whip]

User gains a demonic tail. It has similar strength to your arms.

Skill Requirement: Equip an equipment that can give you this skill.

"Uuu."

Kaede was confused, hungry and very embarrassed. She also noted that gelatinous hair was really inconvenient when you're trying to get up.

It happened in an instant. Though to be fair, Kaede was sure that her lack of AGI would have made it so she couldn't react even if she noticed it earlier. Kaede was a gamer above all else, and one behaviour that gamers shared with nearly the rest of the human population was their inability to look up.

There are so many examples you can look at to understand this psychological phenomenon. People walking outside never see bird poop or falling caterpillars aimed for them. Gamers for older games like TF2 would always miss people jumping over them, only to finally notice when they died by being shot in the back. And let's not forget every single person who has ever smashed their head into a cabinet door that was open while searching for something in the lower cabinet.

It was a behaviour built upon the fact that, of all the directions, up was the least important. Humans are not fish or birds. The world that they live in is mostly on the ground and the things they need happen to follow suit. What's in front of them, what's in their peripherals and what is behind or below them was information that was constantly necessary for survival, both in ancient and modern times. You really only looked up for either recreational purposes, or in the rare instance something important was above you, though only if you knew ahead of time it would be above you.

Few people in Kaede's time had ever really seen the world from the perspective of a person skygazing on a hill, watching the clouds, perceiving the height of the sky in comparison to them. Even people who are reading this now don't realize the difference people feel as eyes adjust to depth in the sky, as slow movements and fast movements over large distances compare within the human's ability to perceive depth.

Basically. Looking up is the least important look. Which unfortunately makes any attack from above, very efficient.

Ninjas, assassins and criminals immediately recognized this in the early dark ages of their respective eras. A dainty, spastic schoolgirl with an airheaded personality was not in wide recognition of this particular trait of the human race. So in the end, Kaede was blindsided.

As Kaede took the ever fated decision to look up, lizards poured from the ceiling onto her, initially causing her to panic and fall to the ground. The endless swarm piled onto her, numbers exceeding Kaede's expectations. With all of these lizards all over her, she began to flail around, but soon she realized she couldn't flail anymore. The lizards didn't attack. Instead, as if re-enacting a famous scene from a movie that had nearly Maple-level of sweetness based on a book with insanity almost bordering Maple-level. The lizards, each with their weak claws and small bodies, stepped all over Kaede and lined up beside each other, each holding a small part of Kaede to the floor. Other lizards piled onto her, acting as weights. The result was the 0 STR Kaede being pinned to the floor, completely immobilized. Her arms, legs, tail and even her head was held in place.

"Eh? Why?" Kaede was very surprised. She didn't expect this level of intelligence from the monsters. No matter how much she struggled, none of her limbs would move. The lizards had gripped her tightly, acting as a rope, tying her to the muddy ground.