THREE - "-ils. Stiles. STILES"

Unknown POV

"I'm sorry to inform you that your parents past away" the man in the lab coat said.

"How?" I asked emotionless. I kept my face blank. 

Them being dead meant I could visit him without worry, but my family they're... no. My family includes the Survivors. The Gladers were family and the Scorchers too. We survived and we are a family. Blood is not much compared to what we went through.

"They went searching for you and a crash happened. They didn't survive. Your mother and her unborn child died on impact and your father died at the hospital. I'm sorry."

"Thank you, but can I choose where I can go?" I asked. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I knew from the link.

Thomas POV

"STILES," a voice yelled form downstairs. I quickly sat up and had my hand on the handle of my gun that was tucked into the waistband of my jeans and walked out of my room. I jumped to skip the stairs and landed without any pain. 

I quickly looked around only to find Noah turn towards me quickly with his eyes wide and Melissa in the kitchen. My eyes scanned the area quickly and realized that there was no danger. I acted like everything was normal and straighten up before walking in.

"What's up Pops?" I asked calmly even though my heart was racing. I was terrified that something had happened.

"W-What did you just do?" he asked. I tilted my head confused.

"What are you talking about I was walking down the stairs when you called me," I said innocently. 

"I didn't see you..." he mumbled. Looking down. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a plate of eggs that Melissa had made. Ever since I'd gotten back I'd been eating healthier and making eggs or toast or something but everyone now and then Melissa would come and cook. To say she was shocked was an understatement when she walked in on me cooking one day, humming a song under my breath. 

It was our song, one that she hummed while I was worked up from staying up late searching for Minho.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Shuck!" I exclaimed punching the wall. Another dead end. The transports were limited and the last one we had heard about turned out to be an empty one. A test, a decoy, you name it.

I couldn't focus so I sat facing the table and rubbed my eyes. It was late but we couldn't let Minho down. I promised. 

"Hey mate, what's going on here Tommy?"

I sighed and shook my head at Newt. He stood by me but always made others go to bed early after the first few weeks of searching for our other brother. 

"Nothing," I mumbled.

"Come one Tommy. You need to rest. When was the last time you went to bed like everyone else?"

I shrugged, not knowing the answer. 

"If you don't bloody get up right now I'm dragging you and getting Little Mia," he declared. 

Newt always called Amelia Little Mia. He never admitted it but he saw her as a sister. He even gave me the "big brother talk." 

I resisted, but I ended up dragged to a cot. He even got Brenda to get Lia there. 

"What'd Thomas do now?" Brenda complained as she got there. Newt wordlessly dragged her away causing her to call out profanities at begin dragged away and saying "use protection" before leaving. She definitely gives Minho a run for his money with the most dramatic topped  exits.

I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped my mouth. Lia and I were dating but we would not be doing  that anytime soon. Slow, that's what others called it, but we were enjoying each other's presence. We were best friends, even after becoming significant others.

"C'mere," Lia said after laughing. She laid down and I simply crawled in next to her. She was pressed into my chest but it wasn't uncomfortable. I rested my head on hers and wrapped my arms around her shoulders as hers went around my waist. I looked down at her before pressing a kiss to her head.

"I love you Lia," I said softly thinking she was asleep. 

I heard humming come from her and realized she was just closing her eyes. I listened to the tune and began humming as well. Soon enough, my eyes were closing and I couldn't stay awake.

"I love you too," I heard before falling asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"-iles. Stiles. STILES."

I snapped my head up, realizing that someone was calling me. My eyes met Melissa's concerned face and Noah's wasn't far behind her's.

"Hey what's wrong buddy?"

"Nothing Pops," I said as I looked back at my food. I couldn't stop the smile or the memory but I was glad it was a good flashback. Newt's death came up pretty often, but memories with Lia were always positive.

I took a bite before looking up. They were looking at each other, gesturing to the other to talk to me. I couldn't stop the snort that left me. They quickly turned to me realizing that they were caught.

"You know you can talk to us, right Stiles?" I flinched at the name slightly. Even after a month, I couldn't get used to it.

"Yeah, I know. It's just a memory of something from my time gone," I said and smiled again as I remembered Amelia. I ate some more but cleared my throat before trying to open up to them, even if it's just a little. "Actually... when I was gone I was given another name for a while. Would you mind calling me that when it's just us?"

'If you can trust them with a little, you can trust them with more. The little things sometimes seem important and if they keep it a secret then they can keep probably keep the big stuff secret.' Lia used to tell me that. She would do it with Minho and Newt like she told them that she took something from someone and when she trusted them with that, she told them she like me. She told me that only after I asked her to go out with me.

"Of course son," Noah told me. "Stiles is a nickname so why not add another?" 

I couldn't help the smile at that thought. I looked to Melissa and she placed her hand on Noah's and nodded to me. 

"Could you call me Thomas then?" I asked. I waited for their response. I expected shock but they simply nodded. 

"Of course," Melissa said as she smiled warmly.

"Thank you!" I said before quickly finishing my food. I did my dishes before leaving the house, but not without wishing them goodbye.