Sakura's Watching

Today was now Friday, the big day for Y/n as he had splashed a handful of water into his face and stares himself down at the window that displayed a familiar figure in front of him.

A deep sigh was let out, his messy h/c hair with a damp face, his eyes were no longer groggy thanks to the cold water that made him wide awake. He had just finished brushing his teeth and was looking straight at himself in the mirror.

It was tryouts today as Y/n was almost excited. Yet it was another day of school. Even though he was a smart student, it gets pretty stressful and it doesn't help when he slowly starts to fade from his high enough grades.

Overall, it will be good.

He wipes his face down with a towel and heads downstairs with a pair of bags to make his protein shake for breakfast as usual. Strawberry banana as he sips it down and then exits his house.

Not before he checks his bag bag one more time. "One... two... three bats... Mitt... Batting gloves...Helmet... Ankle brace... Uniform... Cleats..."

He has everything.

But then he realizes he missed one small thing. "Where's my ball?" He searches through his bat bag and then through his school bag.

When he finds nothing, he turns back at the house and shakes his head. "I couldn't find my ball in the room so I figured my ball was in my bag..." he said to himself as he sighs once more and heads off to school, knowing he doesn't have time to search for it and be on time for school at the same time.

...

The day finally flies by in a flash.

Y/n could be seen at the baseball field just outside the school buildings as he was stretching on the ground along with Mahomes who was doing a Russian squat next to him.

Occasionally he'd help Y/n with his stretches, Mahomes already had finished his stretches since his class was closer to the field than Y/n.

"Hey, Mahomes! Hey, Y/n!" Someone had call to them while they were on the dirt, they both turn to see their third best friend of the small group.

"Kyler!"

"What's up, Murray?"

"You guys ready for today?"

Mahomes was the first to answer. "Ready? I am pumped! I know I'll make it to the team!" He starts warming his arm up as Kyler smiles and turns to Y/n. "How about you, Y/n? You think you'll make it on the team?"

For Y/n, he wasn't as confident as his Mahomes. At least right now as he glance down at his foot. "I think so... I just hope that I don't re-injure my ankle again or else I might not make it on the team..."

"You'll do fine! You're pretty quick so you don't have to worry about getting cut!" He hears Mahomes say. "What do you mean?"

"If you don't get to start on the field, you can be a full-time batter or the very least a pinch runner."

Y/n looked as if he was offended. He lets out a sigh at the thought of being only a pinch runner and finished up his stretching montage. "I don't wanna be a pinch runner... I wanna catch balls and make defensive plays! I like hitting and base running but I would prefer defense over offense in my opinion."

The two nods at Y/n's opinion, but Mahomes had something to ask. "What if you make a mistake? And then everyone gets mad at you?"

He sticks a finger in the air. "There are no mistakes, Mahomes. Only happy little accidents... Except on some occasions..."

"Y/n-kun!~"

A girl calls to him from behind a fence, near the foul line he saw was a familiar blonde girl. Wearing the same medium length hair that reached to her shoulders, he already knew who it was.