TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
haunting memory

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

      NOT A FEW hours later, (F/N) was awoken by her mother who informed her of the unfortunate news of the night: Casey Becker had been brutally murdered, along with her boyfriend Steve

     (F/N) had no other way to explain it except to say she was crushed. Her best friend was gone, in a snap. It was just last night that the two were teasing each other and making jokes, but now? How was she supposed to cope? Sure, she had other friends, but it felt wrong to move on so quickly from Casey.

She stayed in her room all night crying. When the morning light spread across the sky she exited her room, finding her parents talking in hushed voices. When they noticed her enter the room they stopped, letting her know they were talking about her as they stood, "Hey hun..." Her mother started, "How are you?"

"Fine." (F/N) answered quietly as she grabbed her backpack off the floor.

"You don't have to go to school if you don't want. We already talked and agreed that it would be fine if you stayed home." Her mother rushed out, trying to keep her daughter in the house.

(F/N) shook her head, "I want a distraction. It'll help."

Her mother paused and looked at her dad who gave a reluctant nod. "Alright," Her mother sighed, "well hurry and eat something and I'll drive you."

"No, it's okay, I already called Tatum. I'm getting a ride with her and Dewey." (F/N) tapped her leg awkwardly, trying to get away from her parents who wanted to help her.

     "Well at least eat something." Her father motioned towards the kitchen.

     "I'm not hungry." The girl shook her head, looking away from her parent's disappointed gazes. She knew they meant well, but there was no way she could stomach any type of food currently.

"Oh...okay." Her mother smiled and gave her father a hesitant look. "Just, know we're here for you."

(F/N) nodded, "I know." She put on her backpack and exited the house swiftly.

Already parked in front was Dewey's car. She could see the Deputy sitting in the driver's seat, looking out with a concerned look on his face. The back window rolled down and Tatum looked at her with almost the same expression. She went to say something but (F/N) could only hear a few words before Dewey scolded her.