Chapter 87

Ash's POV
I woke up the next morning and quickly realized that I was being spooned by Hailee. Then I realized what day it was, and that we would have to leave for the airport in a couple of hours. I tensed up, due to being incredibly sad, causing Hailee to hug me tighter.
"Babe, are you awake?" I asked, stroking her hand softly.

"Yeah." she mumbled, tiredly, before nuzzling into the back of my neck.

"Sorry to say it, but we should get up." I said, before turning in her arms and placing my head on her chest.

"I know. But will you do something for me first?" she asked, making me look up at her.

"Anything." I said with a genuine smile, which of course she returned.

"Kiss me." she said with a smirk, and she didn't need to ask twice. I leaned up and pressed my lips against hers, in a slow and sweet kiss.

-

We both got dressed and I helped Hailee pack the rest of her and Martini's stuff. Hailee zipped up the last bag, before turning to look at me with a sad face.

"That's the last of it." she said as she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I nodded sadly, as I pulled her closer by her waist. She kissed my forehead and held me close. We stood there for a while, just enjoying the moment.

"We need to go." Hailee said and pulled back, looking me in the eyes.

"I know." I said and placed a light kiss on her lips.

We picked up all her bags and Martini of course, before heading down to the parking garage. Leigh Anne had once again let us borrow her car, so we loaded all the bags inside and started the long dreaded drive to the airport. As I was driving, I felt Hailee taking my hand in hers, lacing our fingers together. She stroked my hand softly and I squeezed hers in return.

-

As we parked outside the airport, reality started to set in, and I could feel my eyes watering. Just as a tear ran down my cheek, I felt Hailee wipe it away with her thumb.

"It's just three months." she said and squeezed my hand.

"I know. Let's go.. you can't be late." I said and gave her a weak smile.

We went inside and got all the bags checked in, before walking towards the security check. She turned towards me and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I love you so much, babe." she whispered, squeezing the hell out of me.

"I love you more, baby." I whispered back and tightened my grip on her.

"Can I kiss you?" she asked, looking down at me.

"Of course." I said and pulled her by her neck, into a long, hard and passionate kiss. After that we hugged for even longer, before she had to go.

"Goodbye, babe. See you in three months." she said and kissed my forehead.

"Bye, mi amor. Text me when you get home." I said and stroked her cheek softly.

"Of course. Drive safely." she said and held Tini close to her chest.

I stood there watching her for as long as I could. I watched her go through the safety check and I didn't leave before she was out of sight. When I couldn't see her anymore, I walked back to Leigh's car and sent Hailee a quick text before driving home.

(Ash
I love you <3

Hailee)
I love you too <3