14|Their Teacher

"She a good queen and her name is Ranada," Angel said as she laid tiredly on her bed. She hasn't gotten out of bed in a while.

"Hey, mama. I bought you some soup," Amora said. It broke her heart to see her mother so tired.

"Hey, Toota. Thank you for the soup. Where's Bubba?" Angel sat up to eat her soup.

"Oh, he's at some basketball meeting. I can't believe they're still playing Daddy's music," she said as she scrolled through some fanpages.

The year was 2057, and Instagram was hardly used by anyone. But Amora still went on there to see the fanpages and edits.

"Look at you as Daddy on stage," she showed at picture of Asteria, Kentrell, and Journey, making Angel laugh.

"Your father would sell out shows all across the world," she said. She went into a violent cough.

"You alright, mama?" Amora asked but already knew the answer to it.

"Yeah, I'm alright Toota." She went into another cough.

"The chemotherapy been working?" Amora asked. She played with her wedding ring, hoping that her mother will be able to make it to her wedding in 6 months.

"I doubt it baby. But that's alright, all beautiful things must go," she said.

"You know I hate when you tell me things like that," Amora said as she felt tears in her eyes.

"Don't you cry, Toota. You know yo daddy would want me up there with him," she said making Amora fall into her arms.

"Stay her with us, mama." She cried some more.

"I'll try baby."

3+ months later

I opened my eyes to see a bright light and smiling faces.

"Come on, Angel. You're right where you belong," Tyler grabbed my hand and guided me to a table of familiar faces playing cards.

"You finally made it, Asteria. You put up a good fight," Daddy said as he passed out the Uno cards. "But y'all better put up a good one too, cause I'm bout to whoop all y'all at UNO."

"Oh, Ash. You always doing something," Mama hit him on the thigh.

"In the last lifetime and the next, huh Mama?" I asked her.

"You already know that baby. But a nice visitor is waiting for you over there." She pointed to a garden made up of yellow and pink flowers.

I immediately rushed over there to see Kentrell holding a yellow bow.

"My Angel," he said with open arms.

"My Kenny Pie," I replied.

"Oh I've missed you so much, my darling," he said as I jumped into his arms. "Now you know why I gave you the name Angel."

"Oh, Kenny. I've missed you so much. How have you been?" I asked him.

"It's been good up here, but let's celebrate life up here, while watching down there," he grabbed my hand as we walked through the garden.