27 - EmPtY EyEs

Irene walked into the room. Everybody was frozen stiff, unable to move. Her sheer presence commanded us to stop moving. Every step she took, it felt as if death was slowly approaching, closer and closer by the second.

My legs wouldn't move. Neither would any other part of my body. This sheer fear, just from those eyes...

It's scary. I've never felt this before.

"Holy fuck..." Loki muttered.

Irene walked towards me, stopping right in front of me. She examined my battered state, a knife in my side and blood dripping down my face.

"Who. Did. This?" She asked once more.

The pressure behind her words made my body automatically spit out the answer in an attempt to not be utterly crushed.

"W-well, the knife in my back is due to that one guy..." I stuttered, looking at the Royal Knight on the ground.

My elbow earlier wasn't enough to knock him out, but it had dazed him. Now, he couldn't move due to the aura that Irene emitted.

Her cold, empty eyes stared down onto the pitiful Knight. In her hands she summoned her war hammer Thor.

She raised it up, and time seemed to slow down as I watched that hammer descend. I watched the fearful realization appear in the Knight's eyes.

Have you ever seen a human's head explode?

A gory explosion of blood and brains that covers everything around it? The real deal, not some animation or CGI?

Well, you don't want to. Trust me.

I clutched my mouth as the urge to vomit built in my throat. I felt the food from earlier travel halfway up my throat, wanting to be pushed out in a release of my guts.

The man's head was no more. Decimated. Destroyed. All that was left was blood and small pink bits which I assume was the brain. And blood.

Lots of blood...

Blood dripped from the war hammer, truly setting in stone the fact it was just used to murder someone. Irene looked towards me with those empty eyes, and I swear I saw the embodiment of Death himself in them.

Blood was splattered onto her clothes. She looked exactly like a serial killer from those horror movies, but it wasn't fake. No, it was real.

Too real.

Irene walked past me, seemingly uncaring about the life that she had just destroyed. I glanced at the others in the room who weren't knocked out.

Cyrus was shaken to the core. Isaac was white as a sheet. I can only imagine that my own expression was something similar to their own. Iris however, didn't seem to care.

Iris, one of the kindest girls I've ever met, didn't care a single fuck about the life that had just been taken.

Yanderes.

Never has the word struck so much fear into me before. I knew how bad they could be, but fiction is different from real life.

Often, many things are underestimated until actually experienced. Once they go through the situation, that's when one really understands.

I underestimated the yanderes.

Cyrus dropped to his knees in a fearful shock as Irene walked in front of him. She stood in front, gazing down at him.

"I-Irene, you just-!" Gasped Cyrus.

"Cyrus." Irene said, interrupting him. Her tone was cold as ice, sending shivers down my side.