60 - A Kitsune's First Love

(Amber POV)

Today the Taiyou Dojo was closed, as I was having a private day-long lesson with my Dad. We were currently in the middle of a spar.

I swung my fist at him, but he quickly gripped my wrist, leaving me vulnerable. He sweeped my legs out from under me before I could use my second fist, causing me to fall down to the ground.

"What's wrong Amber?" Dad asked.

"What do you mean?" I growled, standing back up.

"You're off your game today. You wouldn't have let that sweep work usually. What's on your mind?" He wondered.

"Nothing much..." I replied, avoiding eye contact.

Nothing much...except for a man...

Is this what it's like to have a crush? He's been stuck in my head 24/7. At least give me some rest when I'm dreaming, dammit!

"Really?" Dad asked suspiciously, crossing his arms as he looked at me.

"...what?" I sweatdropped under his gaze.

"Don't even try to lie to me." Goku replied. "There's obviously something on your mind."

"Ugh...fine..." I groaned. "It's a...boy." I hesitantly stated.

Dad had a spit take.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

He looked as if he had been shot, clutching his chest. He stumbled over to a bench, sitting down on it and placing his head into his hands.

"My violent and stubborn girl...has a crush?" He gasped.

"Shut up!" I yelled at him, feeling the heat rise onto my cheeks.

"So...who is this boy?" Dad wondered, a dangerous smile on his face.

He summoned his Arcana, before cocking the barrel of the shotgun.

"Dad, no." I sighed. "You're not killing him."

"Oh honey, I won't kill him. I'll just...have a little talk with him..." Dad dangerously smiled.

"Dad, no." I argued.

"Dad, yes." He grinned.

"I'll tell you, but only if you promise not to hurt him." I sighed once more.

"Fine." Dad replied.

"...It's Ken." I stated.

"Well that changes everything!" Dad exclaimed, desummoning his shotgun. "Why didn't you start with that?!"

"It's kind of hard when you're holding A FREAKING SHOTGUN!" I yelled.

Dad waved me off. "Well, sit here and tell me about it." He said, patting the seat next to him.

I sat down next to him on the bench.

"So, how exactly do you feel about him?" Dad wondered.

"I..don't know." I sighed. "He's been stuck in my head ever since that day."

"It's the first time that someone, other than you, has gotten angry for me. He killed them because of what they did to me." I explained. "It's a first, to have someone do that for me who's not my adoptive father."

"And now, whenever I think about him and how he did it for ME, my heart starts to beat quicker and quicker..." I continued.

"Sometimes it feels like I could have a heart attack. But then I think about Irene, my stomach drops. An endless pit, and not from hunger." I added.